davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(07-26-2020, 03:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: The stands are one of my issues with the Pullips, even using the stands it can be hard to get them to stand right, and don’t get me started on the plastic MH ones.

Yeah, I have a lot of trouble with Pullip stands. I'm always impressed by the group photos you and LeJays put together, and by neon's effective use of Pullip stands on her dolls with elaborate, and heavy, costumes.

(07-26-2020, 05:52 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Don't worry about 'crummy' photos, nobody ex§pects you to take 366 high quality photos, because that's simply not possible...

Your results even when laboring under the burden of headaches and illness suggest that high quality daily photos are, indeed, possible if one is sufficiently motivated (and talented helps).
Tongue

(07-26-2020, 09:29 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Also being right in that 'bad' snaps are also great because they somehow gain an atmosphere for their own.

Well, that's true. Sometimes you can layer on the filters to get an "interesting," if not "good," effect.

(07-27-2020, 04:05 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Hope things are going, well, mostly OK…

(Went off and googled 1/12 figures… Wow, the articulation looks really amazing!  Are they really that poseable?  Are there “legit“ ones and knock-offs?, Or are all the ones on eBay legit? 
I wonder how long the “skin“ holds up without getting holes… I know you said something about them in the past, and something about the skin being very rubbery.…)

Mostly okay, all things considered. Managed to get a bit sunburned today while working outside, actually. That hasn't happened in ages!

Yes, the 1/12 figures are extremely poseable. It takes some skill and some practice to get the poses to look natural and life-like, but that's the case with most dolls. The frames are much better than they were a few years ago. The early figures had a serious issue, so I've read, with the rubber covering tearing or puncturing, but the figures released over the past two or three years seem to be of a much better quality. In fact, the introductory paragraph of the instruction booklet that came with this figure says:
"TBLeague Seamless Body is the crystal of PL team's collective painstaking effort in three years. With great passion, PL team has conducted countless tests and finally made it."

[Image: july26.jpg]
26 July – Triv shows her latest action figure acquisition to Addie and Janie
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 07-27-2020, 12:57 PM