davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(07-28-2020, 09:15 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh, this seems so peaceful to me. 

Yeah, the lighting bolts directly overhead were particularly calming.

[Image: july28b.jpg]
28 July – Doodle Tuesday: These Things Are So Freakin' Cool!

"These things are so cool! They're like hummingbirds, but instead of feeding on nectar from flowers, they feed exclusively on the cerebrospinal fluid and blood of humans and higher primates! They hover silently on bat-like wings over sleeping victims and insert their barb-tipped hollow tongues through the corners of the mucus membranes, usually the eyes or the nose, sometimes through the ears. Using their hollow tongues like pointed straws, they pierce the meninges, the membranes lining the interior of the skull, and ingest a mixture of fluid and blood directly from the brain!

"These are not like creatures from silly fantasy novels that feed on thoughts or dreams or any nonsense like that. No, these little buggers feed directly on the fluid oozing from living brain tissue!

"I mean, seriously, they slurp up bloody brain juice! Neat, huh?

"They were a lot more common up until the early to mid 20th-Century, when houses became more substantial, insulated against the elements, with windows that sealed and fewer fireplace flues. At this point, these fascinating creatures have nearly become extinct.

"I have not yet been sufficiently fortunate to see a living specimen in person. I'm hoping that by using this freshly secured brain as bait, I can lure some in to the laboratory.

"What are they called, you ask? As the result of a targeted program of censorship by the scientific and medical communities, ostensibly to calm public fears, the common names across most languages have been lost to history, and all taxonomical records have been ex-punged from the scientific literature."
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 07-29-2020, 03:02 PM