davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
[Image: august3.jpg]
3 August – Monster High Lorna McNessie

Appropriately enough, the influencer behind this purchase was our forum's own resident Scotland lass.  yay

I'm not complaining. I had somehow overlooked adding Monster High Lorna McNessie to my MH collection until now, and I'm glad she has finally joined the crew. She is quite a nice release, with a high level of detail. While her finned hands are not two-tone like the original Lagoona, and the arm fins are moulded in place, the leg fins are separate (and still held in place by the original elastic bands on this pre-owned example), her outfit is appropriately tartan, and that hair! That glorious hair!

She also came with her original stand, a pink suitcase, and of course her gorgeous finny tail!

The editing software "auto correct" somewhat over-corrected the colour saturation in this pic, but it's not far off the mark of what Lorna actually looks like under full lighting. I imagine, being the Daughter of the Loch Ness Monster, she normally spends her non-school time lurking about on dark, foggy nights, so she needs vibrant colors to compensate for the less than optimal conditions under which she is normally seen.

Lorna arrived via eBay... rather than directly from Scotland... and, like many doll sellers on eBay seem to do, the vendor included a sweet little note.

This is not the most ekspensive or uncommon or hard to find doll, toy, or figure I've purchased on eBay, but she's certainly the most fun of anything I've purchased in a long while!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 08-04-2020, 03:27 PM