davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(08-09-2020, 03:08 PM)Elfy Wrote: Do they have their very own allen key  set or do they use the ones that are supplied with the table?

Usually they pull out the "real tools" for these IKEA projects. In this case, a Phillips-head screwdriver was required but not provided. No Allen keys this time. However, the nut-driver tool included in the kit worked quite well, so it was not necessary to hunt around for the socket set, which is just as well, because it would have taken me longer to find the socket set than it took to assemble the kit.

(08-09-2020, 07:34 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: How are they not stewed in those overalls? Just looking at them makes me feel hot!

It's all about what you wear under the overalls... or in this case, what you don't wear under the overalls!  LOL

(08-09-2020, 08:01 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Also doll hands could probably work an allen key better than human hands...

Exactly! It is much easier for Janie and Triv to work in the narrow spaces than it would be for a gawky, awkward human like myself.

(08-10-2020, 08:37 AM)Alliecat Wrote: At least they have coveralls to keep (most of) the stain off.

I'm often mildly appalled at the places my supposedly-for-display dolls end up.
"But I'll be really careful..."  ... right...??

I know. It's like, "well, I didn't ruin them crawling under the house, or with the circular saw, or up in that tree, so...."

[Image: august9.jpg]
9 August – Tabletop Clutter

My enthusiasm for more ambitious photos was short-lived. Actually, it's more of a timing issue: I was making good progress on some things I need to do, but then I got interrupted, and then for a variety of reasons I couldn't get back to it, and now it's too late in the day and too hot to... well, obviously it's not too hot to make excuses. I obviously need to get some things cleaned up and organized. And get that squid back in the tank.

It just irks me when my larger projects get derailed. It throws off my day and my attitude.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 08-10-2020, 11:03 AM