davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
I too hope that Kenna also managed to get out alive, it worries me a tiny bit that you didn't mention her in the after-section.
Our flat looks kinda like that... I am really rooting for your plan to succeed, because I currently don't see how my plans of decluttering could work out... probably seeing some good examples around could help.

(08-11-2020, 12:17 PM)davidd Wrote:
What're we gonna do first? Remove that claustrophobic "loft" platform, that's what!
...aaaand, THANK YOU. We live in the city centre in an old block of flats, in a flat we rent. Much to our sadness, the owner confirmed they have no plans of selling it, so we are looking for a flat of our own (the major cause of the clutter is that the furniture that comes with the flat is mostly insufficient for us. It might be OK for university students who rent an apartment until they study in the city, but not for a couple in their 30-40s who have gotten old enough to flip the finger at waiting to buy their stuff until they have a flat of their own. But we don't want to spend 4-digit $$ for custom furniture that we might not even take with us, because who knows how the future flat will look like...). Most of the flats here have a 3.5-5m high ceiling height - and that's exactly what I like in them! And yet what do people do? They build friggin' lofts. Yeah, I get it, more floor space = less clutter, and that's something I could use too, but claustrophobic me simply doesn't feel comfortable in a flat that has a ceiling height under 3 metres. Or rather make that 4. The last time we've slept in a flat like that (on a holiday earlier this summer), I had a mild panic attack on the second night, and ended up having to go outside instead of sleeping (OK, that flat had rather small windows, too, but a smaller ceiling height inevitably means smaller windows as well). Upon browsing ads, there usually comes a point when I get so angry with the constant presence of lofts (or mentions like "ceiling height is 4 metres - great for building a loft!" Arrrgh) that I swear that if our future flat comes with one, I'll personally tear it down with an axe, burn it, and record the whole process on video. The issue is: they usually add to a flat's cost, so I'd technically pay extra 4-digits for a steam-releasing exercise.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by Loona - 08-11-2020, 10:06 PM