davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(08-13-2020, 03:21 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow, I would've moved the stuff before trying to get the loft out, but... that would've probably been a bigger job, right?

Much bigger job. And nowhere to move the stuff to. So I shifted it back and forth so I could squeeze in where I needed to be to pry things apart. It was very Laurel & Hardy style. "Another fine mess...."

[Image: august12.jpg]
12 August – What's In The Box?

There were no surprises in the box, per se; the surprise was... what were they doing in a cardboard box rather than in a plastic storage tub? I do not even remember moving these Monster High dolls (and three or four Bratz at the bottom) in to this cardboard box, but I must have done so relatively recently. I probably got desperate for a plastic tub for some other purpose, and then the cardboard box got buried underneath other clutter and I forgot all about it.

First Wave Signature Cleo in her stock outfit is probably the most interesting figure in here. Those "paper dolls" of Lagoona were the packaging from the School Scream Team costume set, which I believe was the first separate fashion set released for Monster High. The display packaging was more interesting than the actual costumes. I should have kept them mint-in-package. The Scream Team uniform sets show up on eBay once in a while, but the Lagoona version seems to be in higher demand and brings close to a hundred dollars (USD) in unopened condition. Ah well, it would have been challenging to keep the packaging all minty-fresh for nearly a decade.

Anyway, after snapping this pic I moved all these figs in to a plastic tub so I can sort of see them.

I had grand visions of doing some major sorting and organizing over this past week, but that didn't happen. Not at all. The week started out wonky and never recovered. The next few days are going to be hectic, and after that... well, I'll save that for later.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 08-13-2020, 03:50 PM