davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Well, the parcel containing the body (alongside another, male body) is coming to me, sorry Tongue
Joking aside, if you are also waiting for such a parcel, I hope you get it soon - but I'm sad to hear she doesn't quite appeal to you in person. I have seen so much disappointment around these heads (this action figure-type of head in general, not this specific sculpt) that I'm kind of happy I am not really interested in this level of realism in dolls or figures.

(09-01-2020, 06:23 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Haha, she looks like she could just take off and float around without a body, if she wanted. And possibly nibble on someone's ear.

This comment just gave me massive nostalgia by reminding me of a children's fantasy film I liked a lot when I was a child, Mio in the Land of Faraway. The film included a scene with a floating head, and the protagonist flew to another realm holding onto the head's beard. The scene must have been memorable to others too, because I managed to find it on YouTube grin
I am totally shocked at learning that this film is actually an adaptation of a book written by Astrid Lindgren, had an international cast involving actors like Christopher Lee and Christian Bale, and a theme song composed by two former members of ABBA. And there I was, thinking for 30 years that this was some random low-budget film noone knew apart from my sister and me (our parents recorded it on tape when it aired in 1990, which is how I managed to watch it numerous times). I actually found the full film on YouTube in English, so now I know what I'll do the next time I have 2 hours I want to use for passive pastime (especially since I currently don't have access to our family video tapes, or to a video cassette player). I'm super happy and grateful now smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by Loona - 09-02-2020, 05:08 AM