davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(09-03-2020, 06:30 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Although she doesn't seem to be too pleased...

(09-03-2020, 09:03 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Though the ex.pression does seem a bit miffed...

(09-04-2020, 08:04 AM)Elfy Wrote: Isn't the Pinky's default ex-pression, not happy with the state of affairs, no matter what the state of affairs?

I suppose the standard Pinky ex-pression is "somewhat miffed" or generally disgruntled. In fact, several years ago I gave a some Pinky figures to a couple of my young nieces, and almost the first thing they asked was, "why do they all look either mad or sad?"

Maybe the "mad or sad" ex-pression ex-plains why I bonded so strongly with Pinky Street figures, as it reflects my usual demeanor.

(09-04-2020, 12:14 PM)Alliecat Wrote: How do you clean the glass in those things?  Yours looks nice and clear.  I just had mine out this evening cos the power was out for a couple hours, and they're pretty grungy.

You can't see the upper part of the glass in the photo.   Tongue

If you manually pull up on the very top section, which is usually spring loaded, you can usually tip the glass part and pull it out.

The trick to keeping the glass from getting sooty as quickly is to adjust the wick. Raise the wick to light it, then once it's going crank it down until the top of the wick is below the curved metal top of the burner. As the wick and the burner warm up, after a few minutes you can adjust it to get the brightest flame with the least smoke.

[Image: september3a.jpg]
3 September – There's a new sheriff in town...

[Image: september3b.jpg]
... and she learned from the best!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 09-04-2020, 12:32 PM