davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(09-05-2020, 02:31 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Is John Wayne advertising a store or a touristy place?
Our grocery store has finally decreed masks required, & I was thinking last night that at least they hide the under-the-breath muttering when people annoy me... 

John Wayne stands in front of a popular restaurant called the Cowboy's Smokehouse. There are several other similar figures of western movie stars around town.

Are cases getting worse even in rural Canada? 

I guess that's one... perhaps the only... advantage of mask mandates. If masks work as well as mask advocates say, shouldn't this thing be under control by now? Many places have had mandatory mask requirements enforced by heavy fines in place for months, but virus infections keep increasing. And no, I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm legitimately asking, because while almost every day I hear that "masks work," I am seeing little supporting evidence from the numbers.
It's more like "nothing else is working, so we'll force everyone to wear masks so it looks like we're doing something, and then we'll tell them it works."

(09-05-2020, 12:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: They do that, they also keep your nose warm in the cold weather. They’re a pain if you wear glasses, though, because unless you position your glasses just right they will fog up.

I have begun wearing a bandana, just like John Wayne and Triv are wearing in the photo from yesterday. I have the top folded over three or four times. It creates a tight seal above my nose and across my cheekbones, just under my eyeglasses, and my eyeglasses no longer fog up. The bandana is draped in at least two layers, and pulls up tightly to my face if I inhale quickly. To me it seems more effective than the cloth masks, even though 'studies' supposedly indicate that a bandana is the same as wearing no mask at all. That simply cannot be true. Otherwise, why did cowboys wear bandanas in dusty conditions? Why do allergy sufferers wear bandanas? Why do firefighters working on wildfires wear bandanas? And if a bandana can keep dust, smoke, and pollen out, it can keep you from exhaling droplets when you cough or sneeze. And if my eyeglasses are not fogging up, I'm obviously not breathing deadly virus-laden air from my asymptomatic infection directly up in to my own eyes to re-infect myself. And if the bandana "balloons" up when I exhale heavily, that means it's holding in a lot of potentially deadly virus-bearing micro-droplets. 

Also, if bandanas don't work, why do they qualify as "face coverings"? Why are all the requirements for general "face coverings" rather than for medical grade masks effective against biological contaminants? One might say that... well, anyway, I'm mostly wearing a bandana these days in situations that call for a mask, and I feel it provides adequate protection for those around me and likely more protection for me as the wearer than do most ill-fitting cloth masks.

Plus, it looks kinda cool in a stagecoach robber kind of way.

I think you in Oz should all be wearing iron Ned Kelly helmets! Now that would be super cool!

I put a new body on my Tærra Symmes character, and slightly revised her wardrobe. The new body offers considerably more stability and more points of articulation.

[Image: september4a.jpg]
4 September – Tærra Symmes (Kumik 16-84 head on TBLeague S27B body)

[Image: september4b.jpg]

[Image: september4d.jpg]
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 09-05-2020, 01:49 PM