davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
Whether it leads to the hollow centre or not, it is a cool cave!

As for masks / bandanas - homemade masks and folded bandanas should really work equally well. In Czech Rep., we have to wear face coverings and not professionally made surgical masks because we had (and to a degree still have) troubles supplying those to medical staff, let alone plebs, so they couldn't really make mandatory something no one could get their hands on.

The masks seem to be working to a degree here - we had low numbers of cases when they were mandatory everywhere, then we had a summer mask break (which was a good thing, if you ask me, we had a very hot summer and many people would have collapsed wearing a mask, clogging hospitals), and the numbers are going up. We are gradually returning to masks now. But Slavs might be more resistant to the virus than other nations in EU (no definitive results on that yet, but it seems increasingly more likely), so it's probably not just masks.

The problem I often see is people not wearing them properly (like not covering their nose or having huge gaps around cheeks), so that's as if they weren't wearing them at all.

But yeah, your bandana should be fine the way you're wearing it, the shape, or pattern, doesn't matter when you manage to wear it so that it doesn't let air out through openings. And in two layers. That seems to be an important detail - coronavirus can apparently 'seep' through one layer (even that slows it down, so it doesn't spread so far), but two layers will stop most of it.

I'm back to roleplaying as a bank robber / ninja, so I'm having fun with it.

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by neon_jellyfish - 09-05-2020, 06:26 PM