davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
I tried to do the quote thing, but couldn’t work out on my iPad how to do it - I can on my laptop though.

Anyway, I watch the full-length live stream, but we also have 2 or 3 highlight packages during the day that we can watch.
I also have the option of watching the TV version on one of the local channels (SBS), which has people in the studio (they’re usually in France doing basically the same thing but no travel this year), who talk about what’s going on & have special guests & other stuff. And also have the pictures & commmentary from the actual race.
Or I can stream it thru the SBS app, and that will give me the race & commentary without all the studio waffle. It’s tge same commentary on both.

In terms of the commentators - we had Phil & Paul for a number of years, until 2016 I think, as we got the international feed & they were the voices. Paul passed away a couple of years back (cancer sucks!), so that’ll be why you haven’t heard him recently.
But now we have our own Aussie commentators- mostly ex-professional cyclists.
This year is:
Matthew Keenan - he’s been our voice of cycling for a few years now. Not a professional cyclist.
Robbie McEwan - he was a sprinter, and won a number of stages of Le Tour
Bridie O’Donnell - she’s new this year, cycled professionally in Europe for a few years, and is a medical Doctor, so I’ve been learning lots of the medical side of things.

Mike Tomalaris - he’s the host & talking head in the studio, been doing that job forever!
Dave McKenzie - special comments. Ex-professional
Mark Renshaw - recently retired cyclist. Special comments.

I’m with Maudlynn is barracking against Ineos (but not quite for the same reason). But barracking for Richie Porte (Aussie who’s 9th at the moment, about 2mins down), and also Mitchelton-Scott team as that’s the Aussie team (even tho no Aussies are in it this time).
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by Lejays17 - 09-12-2020, 11:13 PM