davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(09-24-2020, 05:28 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She is creepy looking under the black light, but I don’t think she looks that way normally.  Or no more than the rest of the MH crew does at any given moment

I dunno... I think Avea looks kinda creepy under any light.

(09-24-2020, 07:40 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: My MH crew started demanding their own crystal skull. My grandma has a real one (aside from her own), but I'm pretty sure we don't have any crystal ones.

I used to have an antique medical skull as well. Used to. Y'know those times in your life when finances take a turn for the worse and you end up liquidating some things you wish you hadn't? Yeah, one of those times.

Not too many years ago, you could actually purchase genuine human skulls from medical supply houses for a reasonable price. I gave a couple to friends as gifts, back in the day when I wasn't broke and such things were fairly inex-pensive.

The "crystal" (being genuine acrylic plastic, except for the jaw, which is a lower grade plastic) skull is approximately half-size or slightly less. I believe this is the same one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/624076074/m...stal-skull

It cost half that much when I purchased it several years ago. Also, it has yellowed slightly with age.

The "real" human skulls (inferior grade: no teeth) only cost about $40 USD back when they were available from the Carolina Biological Supply Company.

[Image: september24.jpg]
24 September – GI JOE guys go for a drive. Probably out hunting for skulls at ancient burial sites.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 09-25-2020, 10:49 AM