davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
And now I have this idea for a very special ship for Oddwickshire, the kingdom that doesn't have a sea. Dangit.

(10-17-2020, 01:48 PM)davidd Wrote: I've never been clear if this version of Clawdeen was officially a part of the Dead Tired line. She is actually from the Room to Howl bunk bed set, but I usually see her listed as Dead Tired. There's nothing budget about this version, other than a limited costume. The finishing quality on the figure is quite nice, as it was on most of the early Monster High releases.

I'm not sure as well, I called her Dead Tired out of a habit - since the name Dead Tired was also used for a second wave of pajama-themed ghouls, the fandom kinda started calling it all Dead Tired. It is a bit confusing, because some places had her listed as part of Dead Tired and some as stand-alone release. However, she did come out about a month after the Dead Tired wave 1, which already had a playset - Lagoona's Rehydration Station, but there were multiple lines to have more than one playset, so that's not much of a clue. I've never seen this one in person, so I don't know about the logo on the box.

Clawdeen then received a wave 2 Dead Tired release, so that would be her second doll in one line, but Lala also appeared in both waves.

MH dolls coming with playset or in a multipack were always of the slim-box category, less detailed and accessoried than their deluxe counterparts. For some time though, they were really high quality, better than non-budget dolls from other lines. I miss those times dearly.

Ahem... Sorry for a rant! When it comes to babbling about MH, I don't seem to have an iota of self-control in my entire body.

Edit: I googled the box. It doesn't have Dead Tired Logo, just the name of the playset and Clawdeen's skullette, so it's a standalone release. Mystery solved! I'll probably call her Dead Tired again next time, though, I'm used to it too much.

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by neon_jellyfish - 10-17-2020, 08:39 PM