davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(11-16-2020, 07:45 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Beautiful shot of Luna!

Her character is a singer in BYBY.

As for the color scheme, even in full color, her scheme is not that of a luna moth, because she's supposed to be lunar hornet moth. Her wings are too red and butterfly-ish for that, but black and yellow are correct. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't go with luna moth, I'd much prefer that one. Plus, they obviously wanted to give her butterfly wings (which lunar hornet moths, true to their name, do not have, they really look like hornets), and if half the characters can feature pink (and be singers, geez), why not have another green character? Oh well, that ship has sailed and sunk long ago.

Lunar Hornet Moths are yikes looking!

Quote from Website: Hornet moths are a fantastic example of what is known as ‘Batesian mimicry’ where harmless species have evolved to imitate more harmful or distasteful species. The idea being that predators are likely to avoid the harmless moth based on a previous unpleasant ex.perience with a hornet or other similar species.

It's working, it's definitely working. LOL

On looking up Luna Motthews I agree. I feel like they should have either leaned into the Lunar Hornet Moth aesthetic more (I mean I get the Lunar Hornet Moth has kinda auburn wings but what's with the red everywhere? Whats wrong with yellow?) or just leaned into the Luna Moth aesthetic instead. Translucent green would have been awesome! I love green. It feels like they didn't think much beyond 'butterfly' look. She's a very pretty doll though, but the red doesn't make much sense to me. Oh wells.

Very nice photo with the zip lock bags! I see they are protecting themselves LOL Something I noticed: The way she is holding the figures and the size of the wrestling twins makes me think that the Smart girls are playing with them in the same way we play with BJDs. Haha. We just need the figures (Peony and Ellen?) to hold even smaller dolls in their arms to complete doll-ception...
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by dunneh - 11-17-2020, 07:48 PM