davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(11-27-2020, 07:47 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Bars, pubs, restaurants, etc. are closed here due to pandemic, so this photo has a sort of speakeasy feel for me.

I kinda want one in Oddwickshire, the "problem" is that there is no pandemic or prohibition there (what an odd way to put it), so nobody needs speakeasies...

I would ex-pect that the Oddwickshirians would love a "speakeasy" just for the novelty of it.

A friend was recently telling me about a place he found in a small town he was passing through. He stopped at a small shop that appeared to be a museum-type display of old telephones. After looking around for a few minutes he was heading out the door when his travelling companion stopped him and pointed to a small index card taped to the table next to one of the telephones, with instructions to dial a certain number. They did so, and, no joke, a secret door opened revealing the entrance to a bar! He said it was one of the coolest places he's ever been! There was a closed-circuit television monitor in the bar so patrons could watch in amusement as people drifted in to the "telephone exhibit," looked around, and walked out again.

I'm quite saddened to read about the pandemic restrictions in your country. I check the news... what little I can find here in the States... about Czech Republic periodically. You went from having such a low incidence that, I recall you mentioning, there was talk of doing studies as to why Eastern Europe seemed to have natural immunity. Now you have one of the fastest-increasing rates of infection in the world.

Of course, here in the States, the ones with the strictest lockdowns and mask requirements are once again seeing rapid increases in cases. Not deaths so much, just cases. But in response, they are locking down again, in many cases even stricter than before.

This is where I could go all tangential with conspiracy theories that I'm beginning to think are not conspiracy theories but actual fact. Instead, I shall retreat in to the speakeasy in my mind and try not to get too freaked out over it.

Anyway, here's GI Joe trying to remember how to use a camera that's not built in to a phone:

[Image: november27a.jpg]
27 November – "What's an f/stop, again? ASA number? Parallax correction?" 
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by davidd - 11-28-2020, 10:20 AM