Lejays17 Doll-A-Week 2020
I see that your super hero lunch companions are wearing masks. Are you required to wear masks when going out and about these days?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
davidd - we haven't been required to wear masks at any point. People do wear them, but it's a personal choice to do so.
Mostly we've been told to stay home whenever possible, and to limit contact if we go out in the community.

Alliecat, i nabbed this tiny bottle when I saw it at the supermarket checkout about a month ago, it's in my handbag usually. I was also fortunate when I filled up my petrol about a week later that there was some at the counter, so I got a little bottle for the car as well. I did have a laugh as the woman who served me stage-whispered that they'd just had a loo-paper delivery and did I want some? It felt very clandestine smile smile
We were lucky that we'd been at the supermarket that weekend when they'd had a delivery so we were fine.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I needed to go out this week to buy a new kettle (I've done the caffeine withdrawal before - its not pretty  LOL ) so I bought a new outfit for Elinor & a teddy-dragon for fun while out.

[Image: a6d131570e31f1d2dd2fe2c6eb2da458.jpg]

The teddy-dragon was a part of a whole different line that had about 5-6 different animals (there was cat, dog, bunny, panda, dragon & maybe a deer?)  He's so cute - you can't see on this angle, but he has wings & a tail too.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Plush animal in a kigurumi!!! Squeee! That's just so cute! As is Elinor in her new outfit.
Awww, teddy dragon is adorable! And Elinor's new outfit seems comfortable.
How nice to be able to find doll clothes while out shopping. No chance of that here. They are a cute pair.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Elinor's outfit looks dandy for rough-and-tumble adventures!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The dragon suit is so cute and so red!
Alliecat - we are pretty fortunate to be able to get doll-clothes in the department stores, plus there's an actual toy-shop at the shopping centre, so I do drop in there sometimes to see what they've got. The toy-shop is where I got the dragon-teddy.

I liked that the outfit was overalls, rather than a skirt/dress, so it looks like she's a regular kid ready to play outside. The only complaint I have is that the straps don't undo, so you need to wriggle the outfit on carefully.
9-million photos this week  LOL

I did a group shot of my Deridolls, and then thought I needed to do individual portraits as well.  So have some felt-doll spam...  I used the Deridolls in the monthly Time Traveller challenge, for scale.  They're about 9 - 11cm tall, depending on how old they are.  I poked about the web, and I don't think she's makign them any more - the last post on DeviantArt or Livejournal is 2014, and Facebook is 2017.

[Image: a1b95b37fd4ac4ed722e88ff4e52232d.jpg]

why sideways  Rawr! Rawr!

Individual portraits:

[Image: 2eecbfd91b1809aec0085c3af858bb8b.jpg]
Lady Jane Grey - I rescued her from the Headsman's Block

[Image: 22a5d35787af01f09116479c92fa7af8.jpg]
L'il Green - she's an environmental activist, much to the dismay of her sister Little Red Riding Hood

[Image: 42082a67521d6226af100f5394bb5c14.jpg]
Raffaelo's Lady, from The Lady and the Unicorn

[Image: 44b348a8e4f48466e1882ca35efc305d.jpg]
Christina of Pisan

The next 4 are ones I commissioned, and are the smaller sized ones. (9cm without the helmets)

[Image: afef194e5e07fe8ffa34d71d679d5ece.jpg]
Rory - The Lone Centurion.  Yes, he's from Doctor Who  LOL

[Image: ca1d571588e989e92d2437e8c1736645.jpg]
Eleanor of Aquitane - she's my favourite real historical figure (Robin Hood & King Arthur are my favourite non-real fgures)

[Image: b47dabb2ea4a3e37fcb9ee2eebc291d4.jpg]
Jaime & Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones.  Jaime's helmet is removable, and he also has a little sword.
Great to see the crew getting some pics. They’re highly amusing and imaginative. Love Li’l Green and her sign.
So cute!!! Is Lady Jane's head detachable? I have a MH CAM body without head that I call Lady Jane. I use her as mannequin for sewing.
(06-28-2020, 06:14 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: So cute!!! Is Lady Jane's head detachable? I have a MH CAM body without head that I call Lady Jane. I use her as mannequin for sewing.

No, sadly it's not.  It was a bit of a joke between us.  However, she also did a Zombie Anne Boelyn, who's head was detachable.

pic from her DeviantArt site:
[Image: zombie_anne_boleyn_by_deridolls_d5os1kv-...WOB8Y5pmow]
This isn't the best one, but I don't know how to search better as I'm not a member there.
Oh these are fantastic!
These are all so adorable!