Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster High from The Dollie Dungeon
(05-29-2020, 12:41 PM)davidd Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 05:31 AM)Aichan Wrote: Ahh were some of these taken in Hawaii?

Its the same way for me when I buy something I like to enjoy and only one of, the resale value goes thru the roof. But if I buy something extra to resale it falls flat!

Yeah Gypsies like to be referred to as Roma now. ... So to me they kind of became these mythical,  mysterious  traveling people that told fortunes like in Curse of the werewolf.

Good eye. Yes, Hawaii. I lived there until four years ago.

Yeah, I went through a phase where I bought two of everything I really liked, one to open and one to keep mint-in-box. Of course those items never increased in value, or even held their value. So yay, I ended up with duplicates of figures I liked. I guess that was okay.

Roma, Romany... whatever. I've even read that those terms are sometimes considered offensive. When I say "gypsies" I mean nothing derogatory or offensive; rather, I am referring to the "movie style" gypsies; like you say, they are mysterious people who travel in wagons, put on shows and tell fortunes, and act all spooky in old vampire and werewolf movies. My Monster High fortune tellers are based on "movie gypsies," not on an authentic culture.

I can relate. My husband used to collect Nightmare before xmas stuff back when the movie came out and bought 2 of everything. Then the market was flooded from china.
He was bummed.
I made him a 7 foot Jack Skellington  so he could have something that no one had , at least at the time. Then he was happy.

People get offended waaay to easily now a days. You even mention a race  and people.
 bristle.

Messages In This Thread
Monster High from The Dollie Dungeon - by davidd - 05-29-2020, 03:07 AM
RE: Monster High Genie Magic - by Aichan - 05-29-2020, 05:31 AM
RE: Monster High Genie Magic - by davidd - 05-29-2020, 12:41 PM
RE: Monster High Genie Magic - by Aichan - 05-29-2020, 11:30 PM
RE: Monster High Genie Magic - by Alliecat - 05-29-2020, 01:22 PM
RE: Monster High Genie Magic - by neon_jellyfish - 05-29-2020, 05:43 PM
RE: Monster High Genie Magic - by *NatTheCat* - 07-11-2020, 09:23 AM