Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 81 theme announced
Happy August!  Welcome to the announcement thread for Round 81.  Participating in this challenge is easy--just snap and submit a photo that fits in the theme by the deadline, and you're done.  Photos can be emailed or sent via PM.  You can also put the photo into say, a Flickr account, and share the html or img code with me.  No prizes at stake, just bragging rights, and also the ability to choose the next round's theme.     

The theme for this photo challenge round comes courtesy of Round 80 winners--Loona & dargosmydaddy.  Loona came up with several themes, and asked dargosmydaddy to pick one of them.  The theme for Round 81 is:     BLUE

***Please be sure your photo entry is approximately 640 x 480 pixels***

You may submit your entries to me via PM or e-mail. The deadline is 0:00 HST, Monday, Augsut 24, 2020 

I prefer PMs, but if you are having trouble sending those, you may e-mail me. My address is as follows--just leave out the spaces between the @ sign.

justlikewasabi @ gmail.com

If you have a title for your photo, be sure to list it. It'll be given the plain ol' moniker "Untitled" when I post it in the voting thread otherwise. 

Unsure about the deadline? Here is a list of the equivalent times in a bunch of other places. Simply find the city geographically closest to your locale and use that as your submission deadline. (For what it's worth, I'm not a stickler for absolute deadlines--so let's just say if your photo is in my inbox when I get around to creating the voting thread, it'll get posted).

*Anchorage (USA-Alaska)--Monday, August 24, 2020 at 2:00am
*Los Angeles (USA-California)--Monday, August 24, 2020 at 3:00am
*Edmonton (Canada-Alberta)--Monday, August 24, 2020 at 4:00am
*Chicago (USA-Illinois)--Monday, August 24 at 5:00am
*New York (USA-New York)--Monday, August 24, 2020  at 6:00am
*Halifax (Canada-Nova Scotia)--Monday, August 24, 2020 at 7:00am
*London (United Kingdom- England)-- Monday, August 24, 2020 at 11:00am
*Adelaide (Australia-South Australia)--Monday, August 24, 2020 at 8:00pm
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
I've had 2 ideas so far for this round - there's plenty of "scope for imagination" to quote Anne Shirley.

And this is good, as Elfy can't think of anything, so I might let him use one of mine smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Sent!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
We will be doing our this afternoon - the weather has been crappy so trying to work around that.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Sent an entry in, had to be creative with the setting as Lejays said the weather was not cooperative.
And mine is done! I was lucky that I caught a brief period of Not Rain for mine.
I cannot wait to see what you guys have come up with! And especially because there are really many ways to interpret the word and the theme. I didn't want to participate in something I came up with, but even if I wanted to (and had time - which was not the case) I would have had a very hard time coming up with something creative. Blue-haired and/or blue-skinned dolls and other creatures are so abundant in my home that the colour on its own just numbs my mind, and I can only think of taking simple portrait shots of them. Which I totally should, but not for this competition smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"