Lejays17 2021 Doll A Week
Sadly tge Aussies lost to Mexico last night, so we ended up 5th and out of medal chances.

Jo-Meg is going for Canada in tge Bronze medal game, and Japan to topple USA in the Gold medal game.

We are lucky here for watching the games - Tokyo is only an hour behind us, so everything is on at decent watching hours for us. The last softball game for us started at 9pm our time, but others were on at 11am in the day.
The most inconvenient thing is that we are at work, so can’t watch a lot of the day-stuff.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(07-25-2021, 08:03 PM)davidd Wrote: Courtly Jester looks as enthralled watching your knitting as does Jo watching the softball. Perhaps knitting should be considered for inclusion in the Olympics. Or at least developed in to a competitive pastime.
A fun fact - I am actually in a knitting competition at the moment, but am doing terribly LOL If there was an actual compeitition, especially for sock-knitting, put your house & a couple of Smart Dolls on a Fin to win. And also come 2nd-10th places...

(07-26-2021, 03:40 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Is Jo-Meg ready to put on her Toronto Blue Jays helmet and root for Canada if Australia doesn't advance (and assuming Canada does)?
She was rather thrilled that she "predicted" both of the winners in the medal games - the Gold Medal game was particularly good to watch.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I was uninspired for photo taking this week - but Elfy & I have planned a large photo shoot for next weekend to make up for it.

So here's a plain photo of Rowan (Gorjuss Little Foxes) in the front yard.

[Image: a881d86c8c08394c66c1b22177b6ed5f.jpg]

And for those who are interested - here's the completed shawl I started last week (I watched A LOT of the Olympics over the week  LOL)

[Image: b2f214e0d70e631ee83a85519782e2f3.jpg]
Rowan's outfit is adorable, as is her hairstyle!

That's a lot of knitting! When you say you knit while watching the Olympics, how much watching of the television are you doing compared to watching your stitching? Do you reach a point where you can knit without looking at what you're doing?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(08-01-2021, 05:41 PM)davidd Wrote: That's a lot of knitting! When you say you knit while watching the Olympics, how much watching of the television are you doing compared to watching your stitching? Do you reach a point where you can knit without looking at what you're doing?

With the pattern on this one, I do have to watch the knitting, but I hold it in a way that I can also (mostly) see tge tv at the same time.

However, with the plain part (the single colour), I don’t have to look at my hands at all.  I’ve knitted a good couple of inches on a plain top in the cinema watching a movie (very useful when I was test knitting to a deadline, but “had” to see the then-newest Marvel movie  LOL )
When not knitting in the dark, I do check every so often that it’s all looking okay.
Very impressive knitting, and Rowan and her pal are adorable.
Rowan and her friend are cute. I also like her outfit, with the touches of blue.
That’s an impressive pattern on the shawl! I don’t knit or crochet at all so I can’t imagine doing it without needing to look at it LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Rowan is so cute. We really should see if we can find her a little fox friend.
The shawl turned out gorgeous! Or shall I say gorjuss? Tongue The pattern reminds me of garments I've seen in Finland, in folklore museums and books.
While I can play the piano (well, when it's a familiar piece) without looking at the keys for most of the time, being able to knit without having to look is just something else - I'm in awe!
I really like Rowan's outfit! Is it fully removable? Can she share it with others in your dolly crew, and can she wear others' stuff? Does she have a cloth body? I'm not sure Gorjuss dolls are sold here (I've seen plenty of other merch, but no dolls yet), so I'm not very familiar with them.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
(08-02-2021, 09:26 PM)Loona Wrote: I really like Rowan's outfit! Is it fully removable? Can she share it with others in your dolly crew, and can she wear others' stuff? Does she have a cloth body? I'm not sure Gorjuss dolls are sold here (I've seen plenty of other merch, but no dolls yet), so I'm not very familiar with them.

Yes, Rowan’s outfit is fully removable - I haven’t taken it off her though as I really like the whole thing.

I have 3 Gorjuss dolls, Rowan & George have vinyl bodies, and are articulated at the hips & shoulders, and their heads turn from side to side.
And Fiona is a rag-doll, so a soft body & a bit floppy.  She spends most of her time in a deck chair as she doesn’t stand very well without support.

They can’t share clothes with the Pullip crew, they are much wider in the body.  I have a couple of outfits from a line called “Glitter Girls” that pretty much fit them, maybe a touch long in the legs.

I’ve loved the Gorjuss artwork for years, I first saw it as cross stitch pictures so I have a lot of them, and I’ve also for a few other bits of merch - including 2 bags)
Not posted in the main photo thread I did.

Lizette enjoys badminton inbetween tea-parties

[Image: f70cd037b898808b61d15ab13ece0065.jpg]
Badminton matches between Lizette and her bestie Hattie could get quite heated.
Lizette is just the cutest thing ever! Heart 2
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That’s really cute. It’s so hard to get them to hold things with those hands; you did a good job.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Adorable!