Meet Lance!
Finally 'introducing' this boy here. 

I've had him for about three years at this point but he's never been photographed because of the fact that I was trying to get his wig situation sorted. 

My friend and I have had a roleplay going on for about 14 years now which we eventually turned into a webcomic, and while a LOT of the characters are actually based off of characters that I created based on some of my earliest dolls, several of the characters were created for the roleplay and then I later turned them into dolls(or am in the process of doing so.) Lance here is one of those characters, one of said friend's original characters rather than my own. 

He has a very specific hairstyle, very Kurt Cobain-esque, and when I decided to make a doll of him I knew EXACTLY what wig I wanted to use. It was this one from cancan-jseries. So after I got him, I bought it. That was in early April 2020. Then the very next day after I ordered China banned all shipping to the United States and my order was refunded. 

Then for the next two years I bought and tried about four or more different wigs and not a single one was right. One of the other ones I tried got lost in the mail for a while. 

Eventually I was finally able to order his new wig and I got it a while back, when it arrived it was sticking out in an insane way and I thought 'oh, here we go again' but after a few weeks with a scrunchie around his neck it was perfect. 

So he can finally be introduced. 

Laurence Olivier, everyone!

[Image: 51923758847_5b4ba6f0f6_z.jpg]Lance by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 51923758177_a8722cc5e8_z.jpg]Lance by Haley, on Flickr
[Image: 51923758502_72149244b2_z.jpg]Lance by Haley, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!
Cool outfit.

I used to dress like that, actually. And I almost had hair like that.

A while ago.

This role-playing web comic - tell me more! You mean... you and your friends dressed up in costumes as characters, took photos, and turned it in to a webcomic?

Is said webcomic still available on the web? If so, would you share a link? That sounds like so much fun!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Haha, I can identify with the wig search. Still ongoing, for the perfect ones for a couple of my crew.
Handsome guy. Are you a fan of the actor...?
Having a project with a friend going on that long is terrific!

(03-08-2022, 09:45 AM)davidd Wrote: I used to dress like that, actually...A while ago.
*cough* I dress like that to work in the yard... xp
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(03-08-2022, 09:45 AM)davidd Wrote: Cool outfit.

I used to dress like that, actually. And I almost had hair like that.

A while ago.

This role-playing web comic - tell me more! You mean... you and your friends dressed up in costumes as characters, took photos, and turned it in to a webcomic?

Is said webcomic still available on the web? If so, would you share a link? That sounds like so much fun!

oh god no asdfojasifosdf 

She draws the comic. The comic is based off a roleplay we've been working on for 14 years. So we do the roleplay by typing it all out then she later adapts and draws the comic panels. 

thank you guys!!

@alliceat: what actor?

You can read the first few chapters of the comic here, although this particular character has yet to be introduced(and it is currently on temporary hiatus):
https://unnecessary-magic.tumblr.com/pos...pter-index
He's cute! The wig looks very nice.

Quote:@alliceat: what actor?

Laurence Olivier
(03-08-2022, 10:31 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: He's cute! The wig looks very nice.

Quote:@alliceat: what actor?

Laurence Olivier

OH, HAHA. I forgot there was an actor with that name. 

I don't know about him really, as I said, this is my friend's character. As far as I remember she named him that and THEN realized he shared a name with an actor.
I can definitely see the Kurt Cobain influence.
Very Kurt Cobain looking.

Hurrah for finally getting the wig that works.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Oh, he is a cutie!
I think that wig looks really great on him - it was definitely worth the wait imo. yay
I love his outfit, too. (:

[Image: tumblr_m2313bJDaG1qfamg6.png][Image: tumblr_lkqzdsu2he1qi6qow.gif][Image: tumblr_lkl6qodkIv1qfamg6.png]
(✿◠‿◠)
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Flickr
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Instagram
[Image: tumblr_lqlg8cr6SL1ql1l0v.gif]

R.I.P
1957-2016 ♥
1949-2018 ♥♥

What handsome gent! He looks great in that wig. I also ended up turning one of my characters into a doll. I'm thinking about doing it again!

Is that Alberic, by the way?