Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Lejays17 Doll-a-Week 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
I love these! What a clever display idea. And if those bears are for sale, imagine how nice they'd smell!
Hee, the bears are sneaky and enjoying their snacks!
It was such a cute display that I couldn't help myself with the photos - they're like some I took in England of a soap-shop, it does fancy displays, and this particular one had mice stirring pots & making soap-cakes.  It was amazing.

Today's photo was going to be Maeve & Nyxie at the beach - I had a whole idea sequence planned out.  But when I got down there, it was blowing a gale & I couldn't get them to stand for photos.  So I went and had some lunch, and while I was doing that, the weather set in and the rain tumbled down.

So it was a 4-hour, 150+km round trip today for me to end up taking a photo in the driveway  LOL LOL

[Image: 4521501fbf8647bf22e2d03d4fdc85b5.jpg]

Elinor is all set for the wet-weather in her coat, umbrella & gumboots.
At least Elinor planned ahead. That’s a great shot.
Oh, what a shame your trip and plans got ruined by uncooperative weather, but this substitute photo is very cute! I love her little raincoat!
I'm sorry your trip and plans got washed out, but Elinor looks lovely in her raincoat with wellies and umbrella!
What an adorable photo! Her rainy weather gear is just the cutest, as well as being ever so practical.
(08-18-2019, 06:35 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]
So it was a 4-hour, 150+km round trip today for me to end up taking a photo in the driveway 
Oh no!!
Why I always check marine weather before any significant ex.peditions. But I've had the same thing happen where the beach is too gusty or the spot I wanted wasn't in a lee.
I hope at least you had some nice scenery or some good tunes on the radio for the drive...
And the result is really an adorable photo!
Thanks for all the sympathetic words - I’m making a bit of a mountain-from-molehill over the day, truly.

It’s a lovely drive down there, I had a yummy lunch, and read quite a bit of my book while hoping the weather would clear enough. (Mostly I was avoiding going home to listen to Elfy shout at the football on the tv).
And sometimes the best photos are the “accidental” ones that I don’t stress over getting perfect - and Elinor was one of those. I did think about finding a puddle for her to splash in, but there wasn’t a suitable one at home.
Take 2 on the shot down at the beach - today I had a knitting class in the general direction of the beach I go to to take the photos, so I went to the beach after the class was finished.  I went the wrong way to start with, so ended up at the beach about 45 mins later than planned.  Which then coincided with sunset, so I got pretty photos of that in the background.

[Image: 71c05b9918693f229536a757bcace189.jpg]

And Ester's new dress arrived this week, so a bonus of her and the daffodils.

[Image: 240ce051a2f7f47e9542c3726d510903.jpg]
The sunset shot is just perfect. Ester really likes her new outfit, too.
Oh the sunset shot is so lovely. And Ester's new dress suits her well!
Oh, what a lucky coincidence with the sunset! It was worth a bit of wandering, it looks beautiful! So does Ester in her new dress!
Wow, that sky is breathtaking!
Such a beautiful sunset image. I've been missing the ocean quite a lot recently. Seeing your sunset beach photos (there were more on Instagram) helped me feel a bit better.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25