davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
I bet you have a full house for opening night.
Hope the opening night is full of fantastic acts!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Oh nice! Excited to see some entertaining acts. Is Haruhi there our host?
(05-30-2019, 01:40 AM)Goblin Wrote: Is Haruhi there our host?

Yes, Haruhi has taken on the job of Master of Ceremonies.

[Image: may29.jpg]
29 May – Sooki Sisters

Spooky Sooki visits her sister at work.

(Integrity Toys Spooky Sooki (Original) and Spooky Sooki: The Return)

(The "Return" version is not wearing her stock outfit at the moment.)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Oh how fun! I have a couple girls who would LOVE to visit your bar and the Sooki sisters
A pre show drink, very civilised.
She looks a bit out of place there, but still fabulous!
So is Sooki their surname in this verse? I really like the set up you've got here, all the little details come together to make it really brilliant.
(05-30-2019, 09:52 AM)Goblin Wrote: Oh how fun! I have a couple girls who would LOVE to visit your bar and the Sooki sisters

Send 'em over! The place needs customers!

(05-30-2019, 03:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: A pre show drink, very civilised.

Pre-show, post-show, and maybe during the show. "Civilized behavior" is as good an excuse as any!

(05-30-2019, 06:48 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She looks a bit out of place there, but still fabulous!

Spooky Sooki would probably feel a bit more comfortable visiting during the night shift when Emily is working there:

[Image: 39247695980_ae355b6338_m.jpg]

But this is her sister's day job.

(05-30-2019, 09:48 PM)werepuppy Wrote: So is Sooki their surname in this verse? I really like the set up you've got here, all the little details come together to make it really brilliant.

Your question has given me the answer to a bit of a name dilemma that I've been having over these two.

This particular room was initially quickly cobbled together and was intended to be a temporary set for one particular photoshoot, but I've sort of kept it around in mostly intact condition. Recently, I was planning to replace it with a newer, larger version on which I've been working. But it's a versatile setting, cheerfully colorful, yet capable of appearing moody and mysterious with a change in lighting, so I'm beginning to want to keep it. 

Old sitting inside the new – work in progress:

[Image: gloriabar17.jpg]

[Image: may30.jpg]
30 May – Pirate Pony
That is a very cool pony. The skull is a nice touch.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Pegasus, Unicorn and Pirate all in one... Does it get more fantasy than that?

Also, I would totally love to hang out at a bar tended by Emily!
What's not to like about a flying pirate pony?? Cute! smile
The "old" set is indeed colourful and you've done some neat shots with it so yes, you should keep it! But I'm looking forward to seeing the new one too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Pirate pony. That should probably not be as cool as it is. But it's immensely cool. And I'm so happy it is.
Pirate, Pegasus, unicorn pirate, all that’s missing is for it to be a ninja.
[Image: may31.jpg]
31 May – Room Box: Work in Progress

I can't believe I bought this Bratzillaz doll two and a half years ago, specifically for this project that I intended to start two and a half years ago!

One of my Instagram friends sent me the textured background paper two and a half years ago for this project that I finally started... today!

I didn't realize I'd even been on Instagram for two and a half years!