davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Gorgeous perspective of Mirai and the hunting rifle,

Hmm, not sure about her blush, it seems awfully heavy-handed for one of these doll faces. Not that I’ve seen a whole lot of them - maybe a half-dozen, most of which are yours.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
So you have a pirate, a pyrotechnist, a sniper... I wonder what Nellie is going to be... Have any 1/3 sized pilots?
The blush does seem quite purple there. But I am loving her goggles
(12-16-2019, 04:37 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Hmm, not sure about her blush, it seems awfully heavy-handed for one of these doll faces. 

I was surprised by how "not subtle" the blushing is. I will try to take a photo with more natural lighting to give a better indication of what it looks like. The shade is highly contrasting, so even a minor tweak to the photo color balance seems to exaggerate the effect.

(12-16-2019, 08:10 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Have any 1/3 sized pilots?

Not yet, but I have lots of 1/6 pilots.  Tongue

(12-17-2019, 12:47 AM)werepuppy Wrote: But I am loving her goggles

Those inekspensive plastic goggles have proven quite versatile. They were marketed on eBay as "swim goggles" for American Girl dolls.

[Image: december16a.jpg]
16 December – "Standin' on a corner somewhere in Arizona
Such a fine sight to see..."

[Image: december16b.jpg]
"There's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford
Slowin' down to take a look at me."

They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Hahaha! when I saw the first pic I thought "I hope he's going to do the rest of the song with some more dolls" LOL I'm sure there's someone in your crew who would like to pick him up.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Haha, the second one made me laugh!

(12-17-2019, 09:52 AM)davidd Wrote: Not yet, but I have lots of 1/6 pilots.  Tongue

That's why I specifically asked about 1/3 size wink
Ahh, brilliant use of the song and photos!
Didn’t recognise the first lyrics, but did the second.

Lovely use of photo to illustrate them
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(12-17-2019, 11:19 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Hahaha!  when I saw the first pic I thought "I hope he's going to do the rest of the song with some more dolls."  

If I can get the photos I want, more of the song will be a part of the Traveling Action Man story.

(12-17-2019, 06:47 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Haha, the second one made me laugh!

Oh good! Glad to hear that! I wasn't sure how to illustrate that particular lyric, and most of my ideas and attempts did not work out.

(12-18-2019, 12:38 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Ahh, brilliant use of the song and photos!

Thanks! It should continue to be a fun sequence if it comes together somewhat as planned.

(12-18-2019, 06:27 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Didn’t recognise the first lyrics, but did the second.

I modified the first line. It should be "Standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona," but I didn't want to make the twelve hour round trip drive to snap one or two photos in the actual location. Well, actually, I do want to make the drive to get that pic, but it's not feasible due to time and weather constraints.

[Image: december17a.jpg]
17 December – Smart Doll: The GI Joe of the New Millennium
(12-18-2019, 10:20 AM)davidd Wrote: I modified the first line. It should be "Standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona," but I didn't want to make the twelve hour round trip drive to snap one or two photos in the actual location. Well, actually, I do want to make the drive to get that pic, but it's not feasible due to time and weather constraints.
LOL This also made me LOL, because I "thought" that was what the lyric was, even though I didn't know there was a Winslow Arizona, but lately, having rediscovered an 80s rock station, I am hearing many of the mis-heard (and mispronounced) song lyrics I remember -- and they still don't make sense LOL So I wondered if that was another I misheard.
Your girls are ready for a movie.... or a TV series!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
What are they hunting?
They look so rad! I'm loving these winter photos!
Ahh this looks so cool. Makes me kinda want snow...
(12-18-2019, 04:04 PM)Elfy Wrote: What are they hunting?

I think they are "plinking" at old tin cans and beer bottles, mostly.

[Image: december18.jpg]
18 December – Mattel Wild Hearts Crew at Walmart

The price at Walmart for the Wild Hearts Crew dolls has been reduced by $2.00 USD, from $14.97 to $12.88, but they still don't appear to be moving. They are displayed on a high shelf, one level down from the very top, well above the eye level of kids and most adults.

I "re-merchandised" the display myself. Only Kenna dolls were visible. I shuffled them around to give equal eksposure. After all, somebody should care, and it's obvious that Walmart doesn't.
That's so sweet of you!

I don't even know if Wild Hearts Crew arrived to Czech Republic...