A tale of Two Wigs, Blanche vs Tiphona
I wanted to tell a Tale of two wigs. Last week I had a customer receive a Blanche who's arm had broken in shipment. Anyway I opened another Blanche so I could send a replacement arm and decided to keep her and give her some loving care. I already have a MIB Blanche in my collection that I had not deboxed yet (I like the look of the dolls in the box so half of what I collect I keep sealed). So this gave me a chance to have one out of the box as well. Her face-up is absolutely adorable but her wig was a mess. There was hair falling out of all the thick curls so I decided to give her a Shampoo and conditioning as I do with a lot of the dolls I debox. Wow all I have to say was her wig was one of the worst monsters I have dealt with so fair. So many knots. It was terrible I spent about 2 hours combing and brushing and finally gave up and chopped an inch off the wig so I could brush the hair proper. Finally with brush-able hair I rinsed and let it dry. It was still quite messy so I put it up in pig tails and ended up happy with her look I thought it was cute but not perfect. I suspect I will get her a wig eventually.

Anyway today I decided to debox a Tiphona (After selling her Stock) and wow not only is her face-up beautiful but her hair was so soft and knot free. This time I took a slightly damp brush and brushed down any cowlicks and was done with her in 3 minutes.

What a huge difference in experience between the two girls.

Here is my two newest girls:
[Image: 5760482158_d99b81e4ea_b.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
A tale of Two Wigs, Blanche vs Tiphona - by wooperz - 05-26-2011, 12:20 PM