Pullip NGE Asuka Langley review --- A case of pretty BAD aging! (╯⩺Д⩹)╯︵ ┻━┻
Because I needed a Pullip body and some accessories to create my own version of Red Riding Hood, I ordered the Pullip Asuka Langley from Neo Genesis Evangelion. I never saw the anime and I never cared. But I do have a thing for red-haired girls. Heart

[Image: hXf7Kvi.jpg]

Asuka was affordable but not cheap, brand new at 6000JPY on Mandrake. Not counting shipping. The description on Mandrake told about a defect: Plug-suit pain. With the picture to show the "pain".

[Image: nDPICrL.jpg]

Fair enough, I didn't bought her for her plug-suit. I expect the same thing as Pullip Withered's leather coat.
Oh dear...
It's worse... So much worse...

[Image: Rg0A8Qh.jpg]

That plug suit's fabric is some kind of foamy material. The kind that just dry-up over time. And the color is "printed" on top. Just breathing on the damn thing make EVERYTHING flakes-off. 

Asuka is a T3. The T3 is rumored to have fragile wrists. I never experienced it with my Holly before. But here, removing the left glove proved to be too much:

[Image: AA5OQyS.jpg]

The plastic parts of the suit are made to pop off, but they are almost fused together and it took force to pry them appart and off the suit. 

[Image: 2X9Lz0H.jpg]

And this is the result:

[Image: pWUVYmG.jpg]

"Plug suit PAIN" indeed.
Well, that's one thing I'll never keep and will find it's way to the garbage.

[Image: WJoH8mS.jpg]
EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww………………..  Sweatdrop 

Anyway, I have no use for the armor parts nor the included yellow dress. The dress will remain sealed and will be sold on Ebay along the rest of the spare parts.

[Image: Wp0XaHa.jpg]

At least the doll is not stained and her wig is all right.

[Image: TGhWu7U.jpg]

The troubles should be over, right?
WRONG!

Asuka have a very cute face and I love her naughty smile. It will fit the character I want to make perfectly.

[Image: yLM6PN7.jpg]

However, her eye mechanism is messed up. The right eyelid don't close at all and when I shift her eyes to the right, she get a derpy look because the left eye don't fully turn.

[Image: TNrUi2l.jpg]

Fixing it would require ungluing the wig and I don't want to do that. Oh well, I'll deal with it.

It will take a while before I get the Red Riding Hood accessories and costume. So I'll have at least Asuka the schoolgirl in the meantime. I superglued her broken hand by the way. Also, those school shoes are extremely hard to put on over her socks. I required all of my manly might to put the damn thing on!
Once I get the RRH set, she will keep her socks, shoes, and panties on. The head barrettes, the wristwatch, and the very nice school uniform will remain in storage.

[Image: v9TQe4H.jpg]

Overall, if it weren't for the horrendous aging and QC problems, NGE Asuka Langley could have been an amazing set. But unfortunately as she is now, poor Asuka even put Byul Rhiannon to shame!
At least the casual or schoolgirl version are pretty nice. She will remain so (although a bit out of place) before becoming Red Riding Hood, Werewolf Hunter.

[Image: ktVdQE7.jpg]
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Pullip NGE Asuka Langley review --- A case of pretty BAD aging! (╯⩺Д⩹)╯︵ ┻━┻ - by Kanrabat - 03-23-2019, 09:54 AM