Pullip Withered. Review and pictures.
Withered came in today. She's brand new and was sold at only 3800Y plus 3000Y of EMS shipping! That amount to half the price than the cheapest one found on Ebay! It's a brand new doll at a Groove Sample price. Shipping hurt the deal a bit, but eh, can't have everything.

So how is she? let's find out.

[Image: 6XAWXLE.jpg]

As the last T1 Pullip, Withered is pretty old. The box is as old and the glue holding it together just came undone. I won't be keeping this box.

[Image: L73nVvP.jpg]

I can confirm that no T1 Pullips ever came with a card nor any display stand by default. All they came with is some adds pamphlet. A pamphlet is nice and I don't care for a card, but lacking a doll stand is a bit baffling.

Anyway, have a look:

[Image: k6WgtzR.jpg]
[Image: IsZXcSh.jpg]

Withered can stand on her own with a bit of work. Her stock is simple yet effective.

[Image: 02OsMl8.jpg]

HOWEVER...
Withered is a very old doll, even if she's the last regular T1. The box aged and split open as a consequence... Unfortunately, Withered's coat... wither. The material is gummy and every time the coat is touched or fold around, it flakes particles all over the ground.

[Image: OSDedMZ.jpg]
[Image: xyt99fc.jpg]

If you ever get Withered, be warned that it may very be possible that you'll face the same issue.
I do wonder if a similar coat could be found elsewhere as a replacement?

Amazingly, she's not stained at all by her black clothes, making her huge knockerlangaroos squeaky clean. The thighs do show a weird split. Dunno if it's a T1 thing, but it dosent affect the solidity or posability.

[Image: YwH5q4g.jpg]

Withered have a nice religious necklace over a very plain and modest black shirt and pants. Maybe she's a nun of sort?

[Image: Cn51oWD.jpg]

Nice shoes. The rubber hold up.

[Image: OwTktJE.jpg]

Her face-up is pretty plain and neutral, reinforcing that nun persona.

[Image: eGzAjFZ.jpg]
[Image: WJXNFxJ.jpg]

She have very, VERY dark eyechips. Pretty natural.

[Image: lXoN548.jpg]

After all this time, her hair have zero frizzes and is silky smooth. NICE!

[Image: FWp3Wiv.jpg]

Lastly, the accessories.

[Image: YH9Hc0j.jpg]

The bag is empty and can be open or closed with ease, allowing the dog to hitch a ride.

[Image: O13pwXz.jpg]

Speaking of the dog, he's a weird fella. It's a plush made out of fake leather. Contrary to the coat, it's perfectly fine. It's cute and creepy at the same time.

[Image: WG4x5j9.jpg]

While waiting for a decent doll stand, Withered have to sit.

[Image: 4jed972.jpg]

Would I recommend her? Yes but only if you can have her for relatively cheap and if you are well prepared for the decaying coat. I don't regret the 85$CAN total paid for her and I'm pretty glad to have the beginning and the end of T1. (not counting that Carol). Will I be able to fill in the T1 brackets with some of the other T1 dolls? Only time will tell.
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Unfortunately, most pleather clothing breaks down with time. I just noticed my favorite dolly lime green stompy boots are cracking up. Cry
Your Withered must have the nicest hair I've ever seen on one of them. The split thighs are T1 thing.
Thanks for the detailed overview--I had wanted Withered as my first Pullip when I started collecting forever ago, but never ended up getting her, so it's great to see her up close. Her lip colour is so unique.

Aside from her coat, she's in great shape! My Street has the same splitting at the tops of her thighs and it hasn't been an issue posing her nor has it gotten worse.
[Image: 43957277951_c47dc0df17_o.png] [Image: 43238708624_3004a9aee6_o.png] [Image: 43238708604_1e76db7aeb_o.png] [Image: 43052070965_254ed102e4_o.png]
Great photos and a thorough unboxing review!
Too bad about the jacket, because it looks really cool!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Interesting to see all the details. Bummer about the coat -- pleather is just a crummy material, I guess.
I'd be wanting to draw some eyes on that dog XD
Anyway, congrats on the new arrival.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Despite the issue of the coat, withered is worth getting. And for those who want a T1 for cheap, she's the only way to go. Because of her very plain and simple design, Withered is the least liked T1 Pullip and is easily available for a reasonable price.

I also thought of a name for her:
Witney Autumn! Happy
Oh, and the dog will be Wizard.
She is in good shape for being stored for so long. Pleather is only a good option for short term. I also found out the hard way that if I make a doll sit down with pleather pants , the fabric disintegrates where the fabric folds like in pelvic area. It is great for making clothes though.
I love her dog! So cool and because I am into sewing I really appreciate how they constructed it. So smart and better than a random plastic dog
True. That dog is pretty creative and I didn't expect it was made this way. Especially when no close-up pictures can be found on the net.

I'll have to find a replacement coat. Then I'll store the decaying one on principle. Unfortunately, it will end up in the garbages sooner or later. sad
I'm a big fan of Withered, congrats. Alas for the loss of the PullipStyle forum - there were so many detailed reviews of dolls there.
[Image: 5272520530_3b840f359b_z.jpg]
Baranduin 2 by TrueFan, on Flickr
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
That casual style fit her perfectly!

BTW, I'm currently bidding on a 1/6 WWII Japanese military raincoat on EBay. It may suit her.
I love her! She was always a T1 I considered adding to my collection. My MJ's pants had the same problem as her jacket, I think it's just an unfortunate effect of aging.
I've never noticed her necklace before, I love how in depth this review is! Heart 2
Looking for: Dal Lucia, Sentimental Noon, Taeyang Richt

(10-19-2018, 03:52 AM)s1dthesqu1d Wrote: I love how in depth this review is! Heart 2

Thanks!
Many of those older dolls lack reviews on the net. And those dolls desperately need some because they are nice collectibles and the aging issues need to be pointed out.
I also got and reviewed the original #1 Pullip, DEBUT if you are interested.
And if I ever get another T1 Pullip that don't have a recent review here, I'll make another review of her. And the next one after that with any luck. Happy
Like TrueFan said, there used to be a bunch of reviews of the old dolls, until those other Pullip forums disappeared.
Her dog is actually pretty darn cute, I'd forgotten she came with him.

Yesterday I found Rida's 'leather' jacket from 2006 - and it's doing the exactly same thing, which is somewhat alarming. But not as alarming as Latte's bag, which I pulled out of it's storage baggy to discover the strap around it had just sort of...disintegrated. At first it was hanging on by a fiber, but then even gently handling it, it began to fall off the body of the bag, and then was completely undone. It was kind of a travesty, I don't even understand how it happened with so little handling over the years, I think it was sitting in that baggy (albeit with other doll accessories, namely MH combs.) for at least one.

These reviews of yours are inspiring me to do some as well for these two dolls and the Chicca I got recently.
(12-24-2018, 10:13 AM)ducktape Wrote: These reviews of yours are inspiring me to do some as well for these two dolls and the Chicca I got recently.

Welcome! It's always nice to see more people here. I'm looking forward your own reviews!

As a Transformers fan, I'm familiar with Gold Plastic Syndrome. At the time, they thought it was a good idea to mix metal flakes in plastics to create a nice golden or bronze plastic. It was great looking and solid at the time... But years later, these plastics aged badly and they are now fragile as dry leaves! So many great, rare, and pricey robots that just shattered over time. By using them or just sitting there in their sealed box!

So it's the same thing with these faux-leather materials. Even some old Nendoroids or analog sticks on old Playstation controllers that OOZE some oil. It's freaking disgusting. But the designer never thought those material could decay so quickly. This make me a bit worried that some of my most expensive Transformers and dolls would just rot away and crumble into dust or ooze before I get too old to remember my own name…  Dead