William is Here!!
Well this was a surprise! As you know, my two new Dal's arrived yesterday. Well my Taeyang William arrived this morning! The parcel tracker said he wouldn't be here until Monday so it was a lovely surprise!

I could only take a few quick pics because the camera battery ran out, grrr!

(There are more pics on my Flickr of the box etc.)

William is quite a special one for me. He was actually the first doll from Pullips etc. that I discovered and made me want to start collecting them; but then I found Dal's and liked them so much because they are so cute. I also wasn't very keen on the muscly bodies of Taeyangs so I decided I wouldn't get him. But then I got more Dals, I got a Pullip which I also thought I wouldn't get; and the whole time I always thought of William so I thought I might as well get him!!

First impressions are that he is wonderful. I love his face, his hair, his stock etc. I am not keen on his body though which is what I was suspecting. I don't really like him looking all muscly and I don't think it will pose as well as I want it to but I will persist for a while and see what happens.

I have got him in a nice Ken outfit at the moment which fits wonderfully. I suspect it wouldn't fit so nicely if I put him on an obitsu? Are my suspicions correct? The waist on trousers etc. is what worries me most. The waist on the Ken pants he has on now is perfect fit but I think they would be baggy on an obitsu?

Anyway, here are the pics!

William William William William William
Ok, well he is definitely going to need a new body as I have already managed to break one of his arms off. Ooops!

It's popped off at the shoulder and there are very tiny splits on it so now it won't stay on. Keeps falling off. I hardly even touched it!
[Image: familya.png]
Roux | London | Cleo | Sam | Alex | Lily | William | Ponyo | Phoebe
Looks like I fixed it! I wasn't pushing it back on hard enough. I'm still not sure he is posable enough for me but I like the width of his hips on his stock body. I'll give it a few more weeks before I decide whether to change him. I don't like the feet on the obitsu male. I like the Taeyang feet more but I just read that you can put Taeyang feet on a male obitsu so I'm still considering swapping his body.
(04-10-2010, 12:28 AM)princesspetal Wrote: I like the Taeyang feet more but I just read that you can put Taeyang feet on a male obitsu so I'm still considering swapping his body.

Yes, Taes have the cutest little toes! I think their feet in general are some of the best sculpt I have come across. Good to know about the foot swap to an obitsu. I hadn't heard that before.
Good luck with your new boy! And just add some extra velcro or safety pins if the pants are too big on the obitsu. Easy fix!
Taeyangs: Sebastian, Horizon, Maguna, Sol, Sebastian Tutor
Dal: Sooni
Pullip: Custom
Isul: Jimmy
Yes, I read that you can swap the feet but you have to put tape around the pegs of the Taeyang feet to make them thicker so they will fit on the obitsu.

I haven't decided if I will change his body yet. I will keep him as he is for a couple of weeks and see how we get on, hehe =)
Aww He's super cute! I'm sorry he broke already! sad ....hmmm I've heard boy obitsus are slimmer but I dont have one personally so I have no idea. :/
He is a Handsome fellow!
Well I have managed to pop his arm back on. I just didn't push it hard enough before. Its a tough decision because I like the width o his chest and hips on his normal body but I just don't think he is going to be poseable enough for me, especially in the arms. I love his feet, but I think his hands are a bit gorilla like, haha!

So we'll see. But he certainly is so handsome. I adore him!! I just want to make sure I make the right decision regarding his body because if I don't get it right, I know I won't end up taking as many photos of him and is so wonderful I don't want him to be neglected compared to the others.
(04-10-2010, 04:45 PM)princesspetal Wrote: I just want to make sure I make the right decision regarding his body because if I don't get it right, I know I won't end up taking as many photos of him and is so wonderful I don't want him to be neglected compared to the others.

You can always switch him back to his old body, too. But he's too sweet to get neglected!
Taeyangs: Sebastian, Horizon, Maguna, Sol, Sebastian Tutor
Dal: Sooni
Pullip: Custom
Isul: Jimmy
Congratulations on William, he is very handsome and I'm glad you finally got him! :3

FYI, I had the same arm problem with Arion! D: It popped off and has two tiny splits at the shoulder (and it's his tattoo arm as well which makes it even more annoying!) and it's very stiff to pose, but...it does the job as long as you're gentle with it. I have to agree on the hands though, they do seem very huge. XD Especially when you look at them next to a Pullip!
Did you manage to pop Samuel's arm back on properly? I didn't think William's would go back on but I just wasn't pushing hard enough. That arm is actually looser than the other now but still not great.

I think I will order an obitsu and see what its like. As zayne said, I can always put him back on his stock if I don't like it.
Yeah, it took me a while and a lot of force to get it back on! O.o I was scared I was going to break it even more but eventually it did! I find it won't turn very well and if I'm too rough with it it pops back off again. His other arm, at the elbow, is iffy as well which is a real shame. sad It's VERY loose and always falling off when I move it.

I look forward to seeing what William he looks like on an obitsu! :3 Btw, are you going to give him another name?
No, I think I will keep his name. That was part of what attracted me to him to begin with. I just loved that he was quite normal in comparison to other Tae's and I loved his stock and his name. Everything, lol!

So for now, he is keeping it but we'll see. Maybe a different name will match itself to him at some point =)
Haha, well that's good. :3 He does suit his name I think! ^-^
William's next on my "Boy" to-buy list. I love his eyebrows.

My Missionary Orion is on a male obitsu and it is much thinner than the Taeyang body but pinning solves most clothes fit problems (or buying him girl pants. cough.). The graceful hands and awesome poseability more than make up for the thinness. I'm looking forward to seeing the color match for William if you do decide to obitsu. smile
His eyebrows are lovely =)

I will definitely be obitsuing William. I can get over pinning his clothes, that is the only thing that was bothering me about doing it. I really don't like his body so it has to be done!

I'm going to get a white skin obitsu for him. As soon as I've got it and done it, I'll post pics so you can see how they match =)