Poll: Where should the January meet be?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Adler Planetarium + High Tea (requires 12 people)
40.00%
6 40.00%
Union Station Great Hall
33.33%
5 33.33%
Botanical Garden/Conservatory
26.67%
4 26.67%
Other (post suggestion in thread)
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

January 14 Chicago Meetup - Union Station Great Hall
I'm definitely interested and my boyfriend (whose also interested in Pullips) would also like to come. If it is a joint meetup with Lolitas, I can invite some people.
Saturday, January 14, 2012 looks like it would be just fine for me. grin
Volks MSD "Nagisa in Preschool" ClaireVolks SD "2008 Renewal" Nono MimiVolks DDS Ms. Mariko Lily
SweetMilkTea@FlickrPinkMilkTea@BloggerAlicetan@Twitter
Oh nooo, the 14th is after I go back to school! =( Eventually I'll make it to one of these meetups!
okay so are we staying just for the tea time or are we going around the planetarium too - if so i need to second guess my shoes for the day...
(11-10-2011, 01:46 PM)MissMandyLynne Wrote: okay so are we staying just for the tea time or are we going around the planetarium too - if so i need to second guess my shoes for the day...

I think it's too early to say that we are definitely going to the planetarium for high tea because of the numbers required. If we aren't going to do the tea, I would rather not go to the planetarium -- it's fun, but not quite as much fun as other things we could do. I don't think the planetarium will be photogenic, for example, whereas we could spend lots of time at a botanical garden taking photos. If we are going to the planetarium, though, I think most of us would want to walk around the planetarium as well. I assume you would be able to drop in for just the tea if you wanted, but I can't guarantee it.

There's always TrueFan's favorite option of meeting in the Great Hall of Union Station, too. I have added a poll to the thread - please vote for your favorite options or make suggestions. smile Please do not vote for the Adler Planetarium option unless you are willing to commit to being one of the 12!
Second-in-Command at PUDDLE and dolly forum lurker.
(11-14-2011, 05:52 AM)babelglyph Wrote: There's always TrueFan's favorite option of meeting in the Great Hall of Union Station, too.

i was there a few weeks ago - its actually really pretty - and im sure it'll be even better with it all decoratede for Christmas ^^
I marked Adler, but I would also not mind the Great Hall ^^
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
OK, I've marked my calendar for January 14.

We could always hang about in the Great Hall taking photos to start, then go back to Russian Tea Time in the afternoon.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
so any info on the lolita tea party/meet up? - i know its still a good month away but i was just wondering
I have a class from January 8-19 now... Army stuff, can't be avoided... sorry all... TrueFan, I'll be in Galesburg 21-22 January if you're able to grab dinner sometime!
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
I think it looks like the tea is out of the question--we just don't have the numbers.
Volks MSD "Nagisa in Preschool" ClaireVolks SD "2008 Renewal" Nono MimiVolks DDS Ms. Mariko Lily
SweetMilkTea@FlickrPinkMilkTea@BloggerAlicetan@Twitter
(12-07-2011, 06:20 AM)sceimhiuil Wrote: I have a class from January 8-19 now... Army stuff, can't be avoided... sorry all... TrueFan, I'll be in Galesburg 21-22 January if you're able to grab dinner sometime!
Yes, my calendar is free 1/21-1/22! Just let me know your preference. You'll have to come over and see my Dal collection.

As to January 14, I will still be there whatever we do as I have already purchased a train ticket!
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
im good with just hanging out at Union Station - its just a quick bus trip from the south shore
I can still meetup on the 14th. I'm flexible about the location.
okay so i have recently (as in today) been given a medical boot - one of those big clunky plastic things - so the least amount of walking is good for me ^^