Taeyang Review: Black Jack
Finally, after 5 months in storage; I decided to crack open this Taeyang doctor's box. Which resembles a coffin...? When I first saw him online, I was given this 'Frankenstein' impression XD It was all because of this Taeyang, I became a fan of his 'medical drama' series Heart

(Unboxing process) - stares at me with his stern expression 'What took you so long to get me out of this stuffy box?' His box design resembles a.. purple coffin? He comes with 2 outfits; his casual look and his surgeon look.

Unboxing BJ process

(Close up of his face) Bonus with his bushy brows!
The quality of his wig is great! I'll say its in the same 'smoothness' as a Ddalgi's stock wig, posing him doing the 'hair flick'

BlackJack: Front viewBlackJack: side-view

Various bonus shots. I'll be having his assistant 'Pinoko' soon, currently I only have her vinyl figure and stock Byul clothes.
BlackJack as the Surgeon

Doc in the Scrubs At Doll Clinic

At Doll Clinic: Operation

Black Jack comes out!

I love his design! He's my 1st and favorite Taeyang, and thankfully he was WRAPPED in full-body plastic, due to having ALOT of black clothes. It's been treated in colorfast solution, so hopefully there's no staining with his bare body. *fingers cross*
Oh!! I like his face.
I like his eyebrow shape a lot and his dark eyes. smile
I'm glad you liked you first Taeyang. smile

[Image: tumblr_m2313bJDaG1qfamg6.png][Image: tumblr_lkqzdsu2he1qi6qow.gif][Image: tumblr_lkl6qodkIv1qfamg6.png]
(✿◠‿◠)
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Flickr
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Instagram
[Image: tumblr_lqlg8cr6SL1ql1l0v.gif]

R.I.P
1957-2016 ♥
1949-2018 ♥♥

Does he have 2 skin tones? That's so cool! Congratulations smile
~*~Feedback ~*~Flickr!~*~
(10-14-2013, 01:48 PM)whimsu Wrote: Oh!! I like his face.
I like his eyebrow shape a lot and his dark eyes. smile
I'm glad you liked you first Taeyang. smile

Thank you! I had alot of problem settling with a Taeyang and their stock face. It was the bushy eyebrows and dark eyes that I liked about him too!

@Dolly_Mama Yes, the painted skin/stitches actually covers the whole quarter of faceplate. (except for the back scalp) the 'different skin tone' shows up visibly well, so it's not just stitches, as it's meant to be a skin transplant Happy
Artist open for Doll portraits and custom eyes.
Tumblr: http://joichii.tumblr.com | Etsy Shop
Flick'r Gallery | Instagram

Spilt want: Isul Retro Johan
Thanks for the review! I love his eyes also. He'd look better with brown hair. He is definitely unusual.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
He's gorgeous! I love his hair and that stern expression Heart

Yeah, all Taeyangs come in a coffin shaped box o.O My first Tae was Nosferatu so when I saw him I thought 'okay, a coffin shape on the box, that's cool and totally normal because he's a vampire'. Imagine my shock when I bought Tantus and he came in a coffin too LOL let's just chalk it up to...Groove are weird LOL

Will you be getting more Taeyangs now?
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
He's got his own unique look, that's for sure! Is his surgeon's look a set of scrubs?
Thanks for sharing these photos, Joichi! I do love his thick brows. There certainly aren't enough Taes with those!
(10-15-2013, 11:52 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: He's got his own unique look, that's for sure! Is his surgeon's look a set of scrubs?

New Update Yes it is a set of scrubs. Posted some NEW photos of him wearing his surgeon outfit!

Missy_Crane Wrote:Imagine my shock when I bought Tantus and he came in a coffin too LOL let's just chalk it up to...Groove are weird LOL

Will you be getting more Taeyangs now?

Ohh, so it wasn't just my Taeyang's box with a coffin theme, haha even Tantus? I'd think he would have a Napoleon 'ship' theme! It confused me at first, since he's certainly no funeral-keeper.

I will be on the look out, I wasn't a big Taeyang fan before and strangely I only preferred them after being customized. But maybe one day one will sail by, I do have an interest in Andre Grandier perhaps? I like Taeyangs with striking appearance (haha): www.pullipstyle.com/pullipstyle/product_info.php?products_id=1045 I seem to be drawn to the dark-hair types coincidentally!

But I have to rest my wallet for this year, I unexpectedly got more dolls than expected.
I'll scout again after given some months 'rest'.
Nifty! I like that they actually did something different with his faceup. (But that, and his clothes-am I the only one who sees him and thinks, "The Phantom of the Opera?")

His stock looks really detailed... I've never seen the series, but it looks like they put a lot of work into the doll..