Yomi: A de-boxing story
Opening Yomi: Written during the de-boxing.

So, I'm nervous. I don't know the last time this happened. I think it was when I got Catwoman who was my...fifth Pullip. She was exciting because she was going to be my first tan Pullip, and a Christmas gift I had been obsessing over for months. I even made sure she was ordered early in case she sold out (which of course she didn't).

I'm not sure I'm excited about Yomi, or scared I'm not going to like him. This is the first time I've bought something with the understanding that I might not keep him. He's also my fist Limited. So crazy...

Anyway, here we go.

[Image: 10933059785_3b52ec344f.jpg]
Yomi in the Box! by PaleAngelLex, on Flickr

KiraKira did a great job wrapping him. I started unwraping it all nice, but then it was like, f-that, have fun!

[Image: 10933057935_3edd2f925e.jpg]
Yomi in the Box! by PaleAngelLex, on Flickr

Then came the actual deboxing, and holy cow is his hair soft! SO SOFT! If you want stock pictures of him, check out Hina's review. I couldn't do it better so I won't even try.

So... off to redress him. You may have noticed, I'm not a Nightmare fan. I know nothing about Yomi. I really don't like his glitter-riffic overalls.

Notes on Stock: Really detailed. The overalls have belt loops for the large studded belt to go through. His T-shirt is very long. It comes to mid thigh. I'm thinking it'd look great as a dress on a Pullip once you belt it since it's even a little boat necked. The plastic under his clothes, totally stained. His scarf is nice. It's thick, triangle shaped, and stitched together to keep it scrunched.

So it turns out, I don't have a lot of Isul clothes. This kind of bothers me since Hednar is one of my favorites. I always knew I would be getting a second Isul, so I've been working on patterns, but that's as far as I got. To the Pullip clothes! I'm sure I'll find something.

Okay, redressed and ready for pictures. Once I took Yomi outside, I noticed he had quite a few spots on his forehead. It's not from play, since I haven't plaid with him yet, so I'm guessing it's glue. The good news is, a Magic Eraser took care of it. It was only noticeable in the sun. Here are the pictures I was able to get on this freezing, cloudy, fall day.

[Image: 10933187094_63a6c4a671.jpg]
Yomi's First Shoot by PaleAngelLex, on Flickr

[Image: 10933314253_9d3e91b62e.jpg]

[Image: 10933179754_24c7974321.jpg]

[Image: 10933042105_f385b44c7f.jpg]

[Image: 10933184664_1e8e94741d.jpg]

I'm not scared anymore. I think he's quite awesome! His faceup is quite different from what I'm use to and from anything else in my collection. I may have to shuffle my Isul roles after this. I can't wait for the opportunity to take more pictures of him.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
He looks great! I like his new threads.
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
He looks pretty awesome in that leopard print shirt. Ack! Don't make me want him, too! I already have too many Isuls on the want list. Whacked
He is very handsome.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
sssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! smile

he looks even better in normal clothes and i didn't think that'd be possible cause he's such a cutie butt already!
"A tree can't grow without the sun in it's eyes
And we can't live if we're too afraid to die."
~The Black Angels, "Young Men Dead"

>(p,,q)<
(my fishie got bit by a vamp lol)
He looks great, much better redressed lol. Looking forward to seeing what you do with their characters. Do you have anything in mind for him?

Quite a handsome fellow he is!
He's a good looking guy smile
Yowza.

I have to admit I don't like his stock; that might be a contributing factor in why I didn't pay him much mind. But redressed, this guy is stunning. The makeup makes his eyes look massive without being too girly, and his hair looks nice too. Very soft.

Lucky you! ^-^ I just love the way you've posed him outside by a tree. He looks so cute and casual, like he's just out there enjoying the fresh air.
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
Love the jacket ! smile
Thanks everyone smile He's been a bit of a treat to have around.

@KiraKira- I love his clothes too! I thought it was still a pretty edgy rocker look.

@Cornflower Blue- Tempt, tempt, tempt. You do it to me often enough with your dolls wink

@True, Vada, Lily- Handsome is a good work for him. He looks a lot older than Hednar.

@Fishies- He is a cutie, and so much better out of his stock. But seeing as he's an Isul, I kind of want to put him in a dress...

@Lilcurly- Well, most of my dolls are mythical beings, and originally Hednar was going to tied to the Aztec god Tezcotlipoca and get paired off with my Tezca Dal, but there are a couple of things that have come up that are changing my mind. Hednar actually looks a lot like Pullip Luka, so Id like them to be siblings. There's also been a bit of a running joke that my Hednar is very Russian, and I like that idea. Yomi here, has such dramatic eyes that make Hednar look very childish. Finally Yomi's got that neat makeup at around the inside of his eyes that reminds me of a cat so I think he'll be much better taking on the role my Hednar originally was to have.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the names yet, but Hednar will be fun and lighthearted, while Yomi will be more serious, but probably a klutz. He'll need some help loosening up an being comfortable with his new life.

@missy- He's actually pretty awesome. I'm more in love with him that I thought I would be. I kind of wanted him the moment I saw the promo pics. I never thought I'd get a chance to have him (so of course there's a bunch of him available from PS). And his hair, it's super soft. It's almost as soft as Hednar's LeekeWorld. Most of my pictures are taken outside. I have the worst lighting in my room.

@LittleOwl- Thanks! It's actually a Barbie jacket. It works perfect for him though.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Oz: *pulls hat down over his face* nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo notadressnotadressnotadressnotadressssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! dinamasaursuits! monstershirts! notadressnotadressnotadressssssssssssssss!

lol

>(p,,q)<
(11-20-2013, 11:23 AM)FishiesGoPook Wrote: Oz: *pulls hat down over his face* nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo notadressnotadressnotadressnotadressssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! dinamasaursuits! monstershirts! notadressnotadressnotadressssssssssssssss!

lol

lol poor Oz. I didn't men to upset him, I swear!
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
lol poor little blighter has a complex with dresses lol as one of the few 'non-stock dress' isuls i don't blame him lol

poor isuls, just cause they're so willing to please lol

>(p,,q)<