Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General chat thread for Monster High
(07-24-2015, 08:59 AM)zayne Wrote:
(04-05-2014, 05:32 AM)ByronicHeroine Wrote: Depending on the factory and country they are made in, the eyes can be different sizes, and the hair can be a problem. I don't know the specifics on which is which. Some times a doll's hair will be greasy from the glue. In fact, the glue will leach out through the hair plugs. There are fixes for this, but it's gross and a pain.

Oh, boo. I think I have a doll with this greasy hair thing. How do you fix it? Dish soap did not get rid of it. sad

I have managed to get rid of some of the grease by using corn starch. Most people use baby powder, but I never have any around. I always have corn starch though. I just sprinkle some on the head and massage it down to the scalp. Then you take your doll brush and spend forever brushing it out. The tutorial say that you should brush until it's all out and then leave the doll alone. I don't have that kind of time, so I brush until it's mostly out then rinse the hair. It gets rid of the dull look and the hair isn't greasy after. If you try rinsing and the hair is still greasy, then you may have to just keep brushing until all the powder is out.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society

Messages In This Thread
RE: General chat thread for Monster High - by ByronicHeroine - 07-27-2015, 09:18 AM
RE: General chat thread for Monster High - by Sei - 01-24-2015, 11:42 PM