Lejays17 Doll-a-Week
It's wonderful to see your little gardeners preparing for summer.
(10-22-2018, 09:57 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Did you go up the tower? It looks like a cool area with lots to do.
...I also live near a lighthouse that was built in 1859! And you can go up it and they've made the interior into a bit of museum.
Many Maritime Canada lighthouses are being decommissioned & abandoned. Are they any better at preserving yours?

We didn't go up the tower as it wasn't open for the public the day we were there. It was open the the next weekend, and you can also make appointments to be shown through at other times. Plus they've preserved the lightkeeper's cottage & another cottage - one is the museum, and the other is available for accommodation.
They do a pretty good job of preserving the lighthouses here, as far as I know. Depending on where they are, it's a lot of the local councils / preservation societies.

I was uninspired this week, Lottie & Maeve have been upstairs for a while, so I brought them back downstairs to join the rest of the gang.
Lottie's back in her stock outfit, and Maeve in the nice cream/beige dress.
The backdrop is a parasol I bought in Venice - I had it out to protect the dolls from the sun on the deck.

[Image: 1d16cc6fafe4d3affbfc2aa53027d5d1.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I love the cozy and relaxed atmosphere!
That parasol makes for a gorgeous background!
That's so cute, and I'd love to be relaxing in the shade with them! Cute little props (kitty!!), and I love the parasol too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Looks like a lovely day for a picnic or tea party outside on the veranda under a giant parasol! What a pretty scene! As Alliecat says, it would be nice to be able to walk in to that scene and spend the afternoon there.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Looks like a relaxing summer day, including the cute kitty keeping them company.
Thanks all!

It was stinking hot when we were in Italy a few years ago and I picked up 2 parasols to carry around with me to keep the sun off. This one was from Venice, and it was the only one that we saw that had 2 colours (I had a lot of people ask where we found it, and because one of the "things to do" in Venice is get completely lost I couldn't tell people which way to go to find the stall).
The other bits and pieces, including the kitty in the basket were leftover on the tray from one of the photo-challenges. I think it's a cute kitty so like to include it when I can.

We bought a few new roses for our pots (sadly, since the pic was taken, the {insert many expletives here} possum/s have eaten the flowers and the buds of the other ones. I'm very upset & angry & trying to work out what to do to protect them going forward. Rawr!Rawr!)

Daisy & Timmy exchanging hearts LOL (I'm knitting these for a friend's upcoming wedding and it was too cute an opportunity to pass up)
[Image: 1114700039bc9dac8994d511b73c30a5.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Darn those possums! Build huge walls with bastions and battlements on top around your property! It should make for interesting photo background, too.

Daisy and Timmy are so cute together!
What a shame, they look gorgeous here. The girls are cute, hugging their heart shaped pillows.
The flowers and your girls are both very pretty and sweet!

Are they ringtail possums? But... but... they are so cute! When I traveled to Australia, too long ago now, we visited a rather odd place called the Umpherston Sinkhole. At night, dozens and dozen of ringtail possums emerged from crevices and grottos in the porous limestone rock to beg for food. It was bizarre and hilarious. During daylight hours there was no sign of them.
I'm pleased I managed to get a pic before the destruction, I was nearly going to leave it another night, and that was the night it happened.

davidd: our possums are very cute to look at, but beneath that exterior lies a devilish heart :grr: especially when it comes to our plants on the back verandah.
We finally managed to evict it from the roof about 6 months ago - that was an effort and half!!

My personal favourite cute possum are Sugar Gliders
[Image: unique-pets6.jpg]
(and so you can see the relative size - adult possum on an adult hand)
[Image: Are-Sugar-Gliders-Good-Pets.jpg?resize=800%2C533]

Our local possum is a Brushy (brush-tailed possum) - I tried to find a pic with a common object to show relative size.
[Image: Common-Brushtail-in-roof.jpg]
And a ring-tail - this one is from the Sinkhole you mentioned seeing them at.
[Image: 8731056607_eed9fb2cbd_b.jpg]

enough waffle about our native wildlife, on with this week's photo.

I was inspired by Davidd's photo of his 3 Amelias.

Diana with a Remembrance Poppy for the end of the Great War 100 years ago today.
[Image: 4f1b46f4a299bb2e4e3cd68853c0c36b.jpg]
What a beautiful champion of justice and peace!
In Flanders fields the poppies blow....

Yes, the most recent Wonder Woman movie is set during WWI, not WWII, where she originated, isn't it?

(And I very much enjoyed the educational "wildlife interlude" about possums!)
Ahhhh, they're so cute!
But, I totally sympathize with you about the garden vandals. My problem is deer. I wonder if some of the same deterrents I've tried would be any help to you... hanging scented soap nearby, sprinkling cayenne pepper on them...?
Your roses are (were sad ) lovely. And it looks like you put a lot of work into all those little hearts; I saw the other photo. They're cute!
What a nice Remembrance Day tribute too. Did they ring the church bells at sunset there?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]