Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
davidd - thanks! They really are the cutest!

Soooooo... My MH saga finally came to an end. I'll definitely post a MH photo now and then, but I'm done 'documenting' my MH collection. And the ones to close off the MH phase of my A Doll A Day are the most epic besties - Origins pack Cleo & Ghoulia.

Day 151

[Image: 6edcb16febc6d96e93a25a5975977c67.jpg]
Cute photos of the pairs! Bummer that the migraine 'fix' didn't work. I can't say I'm surprised though that putting an icy thing on one's head isn't always the best idea. Glad you are feeling more like taking pictures again. What an amazing catalogue of all your MH collection.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
What an impressive photo and pair with which to finish off your MH series! I have not seen a good owner photo of the Cleo-Ghoulia special edition until now. Cleo's head-dress looks spectacular, and you made the gold really shine in your photo.

Ghoulia also comes with a safari hat, doesn't she?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Alliecat - thank you!

davidd - thank you! Actually, the problem was not to make Cleo's head dress shine. It has glossy finish, so either the doll is visible and the head dress awfully over-exposed, or it's fine, but there's no doll visible in the photo... Yes, Ghoulia does come with neon green safari hat, you can see it on my Day 25 photo on the first page of this thread.

Day 152

[Image: ef303e812a9a2be6dde2401f066220bc.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 1
The Origins pair is lovely, I don't think I've seen them before. I'm not familiar with all the Novi Stars releases, but I'm looking forward to seeing yours.
My initial thought was Alie Lectric, but the blue hair is confusing. That could just be your creative lighting.

There are some European releases with which I am not familiar.

I'm happy to see somebody else posting Novi Stars photos. They were a fun line, but MGA could have done a lot better with them. They were overpriced for non-articulated figures, at least here in the States.

The Novi Stars music video had some cheesy-fun visual effect, almost reminiscent of 1980s video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbKhqesH42s
But the song wasn't nearly as catchy as the Monster High or Bratzillaz theme song.
Cornflower Blue - Origins pack was Mattel e-shop exclusive release, so they weren't in stores.

davidd - correct! It is Alie! I agree - MGA could have done a lot better with them. They were overpriced here too, I only started getting them after tha line died and they were on sale. I would take better overall quality over stupid gimmicks any day! I'm sure I already left a rant about it somewhere in here, when I posted my Alien Day photo... It's one of my fav rant topics Irritated

Day 153

[Image: 14deac079bf518ed1ba08ea8ffe9527c.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 1 - The Revelation: Alie Lectric from Orbit Beach line!

I'm having tons of fun with taking colorful mysterious-esque-ish alien snaps, so I'll do this with all my Novis!
Ooh, I'm looking forward to seeing more Novi Stars photos from Neon Jellyfish Studios!

I didn't pick up the Orbit Beach figures, but later I sort of wished I had. Most of them are still available from various sources, but at this point, I think I have other "doll investment" priorities.

I really like the golden glow of the figure in this photo. Does the Orbit Beach version not have the transparent glitter-filled legs of the standard Alie figure?
davidd - Yup, Orbit Beach Alie has body made of semi-translucent metallic plastic, it doesn't match the color of her head in the slightest. Orbit Beach releases of 'snow globe' girls have bodies made of different plastic and have articulated hips. Sadly, I don't have the basic Alie to show you comparison.

As for the EU only releases, I don't have any in my collection, because they were basically Russian only (I think some were in UK, but I'm not sure about that), and good luck with shopping there. None of them were here. Which sucks, because I want Doe A Deer and Frostina Sprinkles!

Day 154

[Image: 0951add386f8d0f847751d4f88e77be1.jpg]

Guess the Alien part 2 - not really all that mysterious.
Mae Tallic! I'm not sure which version, though. Fun "otherworldly" lighting in this photo!
david - yes! She's the basic release from 2012.

Day 155

[Image: 4552ed7a96d10de658cee64d52938c1c.jpg]

Guess he Alien part 2 - The Revelation: Basic Mae Tallick
Do the batteries still work in your Novi Stars? Have you ever replaced the batteries?

This is a super cute photo of Mae! I have always found it difficult to keep her wig in place. I believe she is the only Novi to have a detachable wig... to allow the batteries in her head to be changed!
The Novi Stars are such a cute line - we got very few here (that I'm aware of), and I never saw one that shouted to be taken home, but I do like Mae with her wig.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
davidd - Mae is my only Novi that had battery, and I hated that gimmick so much, I removed the battery when she was out of box for about 10 minutes Sweatdrop, so I don't know how long their batteries worked... Her wig stays on really well, though, never had any problems with that.

Lejays - I love Novis, but the quality is poor and prices were high, which is kinda typical for MGA - genius ideas and designs killed by poor execution and way too high prices. But they're aliens, so I need them in my life!!!

Day 156

[Image: e3e7f43a93b53cfb75ef8188114f88db.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 3
Possibly the spookiest Novi of them all: Vera Tabray!

I had to order my Vera from a European seller. I don't know if this line was ever available in the US; if they were, they were not widely distributed. Because of the shipping cost, at the time she was one of the most expensive dolls I had ever purchased.

This eerie photo makes me want to re-photograph my Vera, who appeared in my A Doll A Day stream earlier.