Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Yay for 200 days! And how cool that you've used a theme to celebrate it too. The Freak du Chic line was probably my favourite MH line, the outfits were the best.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
davidd - thank you!!!

Lejays - thanks! FdC is one of my favorite MH lines, too, and it's the line I have the most dolls from compared to other lines. I love the dark circus theme.

Day 201

[Image: c6daa84ce2f0b454e9bb0337c701726b.jpg]

My second favorite doll/character from EAH - Madeline Hatter, the Core Royals & Rebels Wave 1 (signature) version. I only have two Maddies - Raven is the only EAH character I have an army of.
Maddie is such a cheerful, colorful contrast to the Dark Army of Raven-ness!

This is a beautifully detailed photo that clearly illustrates the intricate and interesting design of her outfit.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Congrats on 200 days! smile Cute photo. It will be fun to see what happens at 300 and the end!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
davidd - thank you very much! Maddie's tea-party lolita style is great, and I love her color-scheme. First waves of EAH were truly exceptional when it came to details.

Alliecat - thank you!!!

Day 202

[Image: 1ec1de84b628973142bc6166ef4a3a3c.jpg]

Getting Fairest Maddie. Colors are off on this photo, but I'm way too tired to take another one.
An aspect I particularly liked with the original Monster High figures, and which is done even better with the EAH figures, is the fit and finish of the joints at the knees and elbows. The wrists are done fairly well in the early releases, too. The joints are snug and "disguised" as much as possible – far better, in fact, than in most higher-end and collector-grade figures. It's quite easy to touch up the lines at the joints using basic photo-editing tools, when one is so inclined. Even without touch-ups, the joints are not distracting like in most other dolls.

Doll joints kind of bug me... a lot. I probably would not have become a "doll collector" to any great extent (Pinky Street are "action figures," not dolls) if it had not been for the excellent knees and elbows of MH and EAH. Weird, I know, but yeah, Mattel finally found the right balance between aesthetics and posing potential with MH and EAH.

Of course, then they started cutting corners and the later figures, and particularly the reboot lines, lack the same attention to aesthetic detail.

This is a great photo to showcase the attractively sculpted articulation of EAH knees and elbows.
This is one of the 3 Maddie dolls I own - I have the Sig & Tea Party as well - and this is the one that travelled to New Zealand last year. She's such a cutie, and I really enjoy their poseabliity (like Davidd mentioned).
I also like the simplicity of her face and hair, she redresses quite well because of it.

She's quite a contrast colour-wise to Raven.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
davidd - I don't mind doll joints so much, but I agree with you - MH and EAH have very beautifully sculpted joints! Or at least the old releases... And thank you!

Lejays - Tea Party Maddie would be the third one for me, but only a few of those playsets got here, and they were wayyyy too expensive, and I'd only want the doll, so I ended up without her, but I love her!

Day 203

[Image: 6fdec7c26166a646b4eeeb8cee1584e6.jpg]

Double madness! My eyes are killing me today, I don't know if it's allergy or what, but the result is that I can't focus clearly and so the photo is a bit blurry.
The photo doesn't look blurry to me.

I really like their hair. Wish I could find a Pullip wig in those colors!
The photo doesn't look blurry to me, either. But if it is, it's probably because the Maddies were jumping around so much!

Adorable "action " pose!
The Maddies are cute. And it's a fun pose.
I don't like awkward doll joints either! Some of those Obitsu elbows (? I think it's that body?) that stick out weirdly when the arms are straight, or the long section of double jointed BJD knees... And those Type 3 wrists, auwe!! I like them to look as realistic as possible too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
dargosmydaddy - I would love a Pullip wig / whole doll in those colors!

davidd - thank you!

Alliecat - thanks! I am quite resistant to joint awkwardness, but I don't like fragile joints. It's one of the reasons I only go for Type 4 Pullips, and even those could use more sturdiness...

Day 204

[Image: d82d36dbe06ecdfa9b4a457f3588a466.jpg]

Updated steampunk squad! Imma gonna need a bigger photo-tent...

[Image: 80e98cf97bde618959dd13a7d8b42967.jpg]

Aaand one with a fancy filter smeared on it.
Your steampunk crew gives me a pain... in my PayPal account!
(The pain is even more pronounced because there's no "pay" in my PayPal account!)

Your steampunk photos are uniformly wonderful.
Love the steampunk crew. Such a variety in the theme too
davidd - thank you!

Lejays - thanks!

Day 205

[Image: 2bb7ab538c3d4f409760b7c23ed6f8c2.jpg]

Cedar Wood, Core Royals & Rebels Wave 3 (signature) version.