Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
I didn't know any of those EAHs came with "texture".
Your steampunk crew is great! I think Aurora is my favourite, but Cheshire is a close second.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Alliecat - Cedar is supposed to be the "daughter" of Pinocchio (he made her), she's a living wooden puppet, so she has a wood texture on her body. No other EAH characters have special textures. Only colors. And thanks!

Day 206

[Image: c452f84578e30d610796853e850de754.jpg]

Spring Unsprung Cedar.
My favourite Cedar. Not that there were many to choose from. I liked how the dress pattern reflected the wood-grain of her body
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I'm not usually a fan of dolls and figures with molded-in textures, but for Cedar (and Robecca from MH) I make an exception.
yay

The purple version is especially pretty!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Lejays - my favorite Cedar, too! Sadly, mine has eye-wonk, but it's still the perfect Cedar for me.

davidd - I like when molded-on textures make sense, so things like scales, or, in case of robots, puppets and other artificially made beings , texture of the material they're made of is fine. I don't like molded on clothing or hair, or reboot Cleo's bandages, those just seem like a lazy design to me.

Day 207

I was deprived of chance to post yesterday's photo yesterday! When I finaly got to take it, forums were down! Well, I posted on MHA, so it's not like I skipped a day. Day 208 coming later today.

[Image: 2e11cf4900397f56fb0bae8bd227e799.jpg]
I think that the forums being unavailable is an acceptable reason for "missing" the day. And you took the photo on the right day anyway.

I just realised that I must have Release 2 of Cedar as mine doesn't have earrings or a ring sad
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Yes, I was also unable to post due to the site outage.

I am not a fan of reboot Cleo's molded bandages or of reboot Clawdeen's wrist and ankle fur.

But your Cedar pair are lovely, appropriately molded wood grain and all!
Lejays - that sucks! Little details like that make EAH dolls stand out... My sig Darling doesn't have some of the firts release jewelry. *angrily shakes fist at Mattel*

davidd - thanks!

Day 208

...was frustrating. So here in Europe, we were having total lunar eclipse, a really long-lasting one. I was planning to use it as a fancy background for today's photo. So, naturally, the sky is filled with clouds over the whole Czech Republic. This always happen with eclipses and other celestial events here. Grrrrhghgpldsft! So I took another photo of Cheshire Cat, who still doesn't have a name.

[Image: 45ae0b54ad8e42ed9ec3d406596478d8.jpg]
(07-26-2018, 07:03 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Cedar is supposed to be the "daughter" of Pinocchio (he made her), she's a living wooden puppet, so she has a wood texture on her body.
Ha -- interesting. I know nothing about these characters, so these threads are educational smile
Ohboy, I hearya about celestial events being clouded out. I am also interested in seeing them, yet we also seem to be plagued by fog or clouds. One tiny glimpse of the last transit of Venus, in the only hole in the fog I could find, and I could tell a loonnng story about my jinxed trip to solar totality last summer!
Lovely portrait of Cheshire. Maybe you could find some words in another language that sound like a name and translate to 'red cat' or something...? Tongue
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Steampunk Cheshire is a remarkable Pullip! Truly stunning! Your photos of her are beautifully illuminated. There's something about your soft lighting technique that I really like a lot.
(07-28-2018, 10:31 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 07:03 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Cedar is supposed to be the "daughter" of Pinocchio (he made her), she's a living wooden puppet, so she has a wood texture on her body.
Ha -- interesting. I know nothing about these characters, so these threads are educational smile
Ohboy, I hearya about celestial events being clouded out. I am also interested in seeing them, yet we also seem to be plagued by fog or clouds. One tiny glimpse of the last transit of Venus, in the only hole in the fog I could find, and I could tell a loonnng story about my jinxed trip to solar totality last summer!
Lovely portrait of Cheshire. Maybe you could find some words in another language that sound like a name and translate to 'red cat' or something...? Tongue
The moon has kept me awake for nights ... until last night when I wanted to see it because of the eclipse - then nothing - cloud, cloud and more cloud. And not even any much wanted rain to justify it.
Alliecat - glad I could bestow EAH enlightenment upon you! LOL Murphy's meteorology, right? As for Cheshire's name, I've been thinking Felis for her given name, but I'm not sure if I want to keep Cheshire for her surname, or if I want to change it...

davidd - thank you so much!

rubyperidot - exactly!!!

Day 209

[Image: a0968e5b3d2bc503941939e7acab7e86.jpg]

Spring Unsprung Holly O'Hair. She and her twin Poppy are Rapunzel's daughters (I don't have any Poppy dolls, the two I've wanted never made it to this neck of the woods).

She was one of first four dolls I got from this line. When EAH came out, I tried to resist it with bound-to-fail resolution to not start yet another collection (haaaahahahahaaaaa). I managed to stick to it until Spring Unsprung came out. Then I went mad and got her, SU Briar, sig Duchess and sig Kitty on sale, a few days after that I found Raven and Maddie on sale, and from then it was snowball effect LOL
Beautiful figure! Beautiful photo!
The Spring Unsprung line is lovely.

I had to special order the Sig twins as they took nearly two years to get here, and I'd given up on ever finding them.
davidd - thank you!!!

Lejays - I know that pain. After SU, practically nothing got here, luckily there was one e-shop willing to order EAHs for me.

Day 210

[Image: 08a892046f86683ee1f4f7958c06d77c.jpg]

Dragon Games Holly. I love Holly (mostly dolls, her character is OK, but nothing too special), but I always wondered why they included her in Dragon Games. Raven has a pet dragon (plus the whole DG plot thing), Darling is there for obvious reasons, but why Holly? Briar with her adventurous character would be better choice, imho... Also, I loved Maddie's and Melody's DG designs and I'm sad they never made the dolls. That being said, I love this doll to bits and I'm glad they made her. I just really wanted to see others, too. I love this line so much, I could have DG version of pretty much every EAH character!