Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Alliecat - thanks! Her name is... ugh, stupid. Her previous owners named her Šiška (=cone, as in conifer cone, not traffic cone), and in Czech, when you call someone that, it means they're a bit silly. I don't like that name, because she's not stupid, but she was already 8 years old when I took her in (her previous family had a new baby, and the little boy has severe allergies), so I didn't want to change it, because she's used to it. So I usually call her sweetheart or something similar.

Lejays - thank you!

davidd - haha, right you are, sir, right you are! And thanks!

Day 265

[Image: c59d2035ab882fac27141b16f65fd4e3.jpg]

10th Anniversary Yasmin. I love her beauty mark!
The lighting on these recent Bratz photos is amazing! Like "official product photography," only better! It's so smooth and even. Taking photos of Bratz without getting glare on the eye screenings is difficult to accomplish, at least for me, so I am impressed by how well the Bratz faces always turn out in your photos... even with the "disappearing noses."
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
davidd - thank you!!! To be honest, I don't enjoy taking pics of Bratz as much as with other dolls, probably because combination of their low poseability and glare-prone flat faces makes it difficult to avoid same stiff pose in every photo. Even Novi Stars were easier to work with, oddly enough...

Day 266

It's Equinox! The Fall started in big style here, with rain, strong wind, storms, trees falling on roads and power lines... I was hoping to get outside and find first colored leaves for today's photo, but I wasn't so keen on getting soaked (both my doll and myself), so I took a dry linden seed pod that landed on my window ledge and made Griselda pose with it. It was boring, so I added some Teddies.

[Image: c0869405e4169eadb54ac069a01a770c.jpg]
Griselda looks happy staying all cozy inside with her teddy bear friends. The idea of "autumn" comes across through your selection of colors.
I totally Heart 2 that hairstyle with the long, straight bangs!
It certainly evokes Autumn with the colours you've got there. Griselda is beautiful
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Agree, the Bratz photos are advertising-worthy. I like the bear peeking out from behind Griselda. Hope you didn't have any damage from the storm.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
davidd - thank you very much!

Lejays - thank you!!!

Alliecat - thanks! Luckily, our street is fine, but you could tell other places got it worse by the number of firetrucks that passed by my house. But as far as I know, there weren't any injuries in my neighborhood, just some blocked roads and flooded basements.

Day 267

[Image: c1f54e7c1203543750c1f2ca07b17379.jpg]

Jade (still the same line). She has really long hair which I didn't manage to light properly. Originally, she had twin braids, but I let her hair down.
Oooh! Jade looks extremely sophisticated here! Love that olive drab denim jacket!
Clothes are great as usual. (I’ve mentioned previously my thoughts on the Bratz dolls)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
davidd - I love her outfit. It's something I could wear myself.

Lejays - too bad their clothes don't fit Pullips...

Day 268

[Image: 60be97f1dc39f5829a7ddaacb519aca6.jpg]

My last Bratz, Tyla. I can't get enough of her face!
Another excellent portrait of the very pretty 10th anniversary line!
davidd - thank you!

Day 269

[Image: f519a8204f5f0cd5028c7d8b5cf7b028.jpg]

I felt totally uninspired, luckilly, these dolls are so beautiful that they turn any pic into a decent photo, I just need to manage to point the phone in the right direction. yay
They look like Steampunk Royalty!

And there's more to getting a rich, imaginative look like this than "pointing the phone in the right direction." There's some serious talent here that might make it seem easy to you, but in reality it's a fine photographic achievement!
They look so elegant together.

And I agree with davidd, these look far more worked on than a quick point and click with the phone. I'm continually impressed with how lovely the photos are
What an impressive pair -- nice portrait. I like your dark-haired Bratz, and their outfits.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]