Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
davidd - thank you, that's so sweet of you! *major blush* It means so much, coming from excellent photographer such as yourself!

Lejays - thank you very much!!!

Alliecat - thanks!

Day 270

[Image: 2230378dcad1fa5e651e1a9449a9647a.jpg]

It's been a long time since I last featured Florianne in ADAD. Her wig is the stuff of frizzy nightmares...
So much color! What a wonderful, happy photo!

What is your secret for getting "frizzy nightmare" wigs under control?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
davidd - thank you! With wigs that are frizzy but still possible to brush, I just brush them very slowly and carefully for a very long time, working my way up from ends to 'roots', sometimes I combine more brushes (e.g. MH brush first, then my personal Tangle Teezer brush), soft toothbrush is great for straight or slightly wavy hair (I don't like it for curly hair and ringlets, though). Extra unruly strands can be put back to their place when you damp them a little. As for extra frizzy hair that can't be brushed that easily (like on some of my Bratz, for example Yasmin), I damp my fingers a little more and just arrange it to look decent from one chosen angle LOL

Day 271

[Image: 73df80327b0d5e50694d384c8de502d7.jpg]

DT Cleo redressed in Cleolei's outfit, with Creepateria Cleo's belt and sandals.

Also, it's Ask A Stupid Question Day, sooo... Are we there yet?
I have to admit, I'm somewhat tired. I'm glad I made it this far, because now I'm motivated to finish, so that all that time and energy I've poured into this insane challenge won't go to waste.
Some of the Cleo de Nile sculpts and screens are particularly pretty. This is one of the especially pretty ones. The outfit you've assembled for her suits her very nicely.

Thank you for the detailed information on your hair maintenance techniques. Multiple tools and patience, it looks like. But no fancy potions.
Florianne is so colourful. I have some girls with desperate frizzies. Someday I'll tackle them, maybe... Cleo looks very mysterious.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
davidd - sorry about fancy potions, I'll let you know if I come up with some LOL

Alliecat - frizzy doll hair can be a major cause of procrastination, right?

Day 272

[Image: f9e38319ca4c2c749aed854ea6ec8de1.jpg]

EAH has only a few characters with unnatural skin color. From main dolls, it's Kitty, Faybelle, and Crystal (I'm not sure if I should count Bunny, since she's somewhat pink, and I'm also unsure about Farrah, but I think they're supposed to have natural skintones), and then the smaller dolls - pixies. Sig Kitty and Faybelle are the only ones I have.
And she can fly! Clever the way they made the upright section of the stand in clear plastic... to be "invisible" I suppose sly, for the "flying" fairy characters.

Cute photo. They appear to be genuinely be interacting with one another.
Keep plugging aWay with the photos - you (we) are 3/4 of the way through the challenge! You can do it, I got to the same point last year and it was really tough to keep going with it.

With the EAH dolls, I think bunny & Farah have "normal" skin colours, just on the brighter pink end of the scale. I'm pretty sure they share a skin tone with Draculaura, from what I recall of people doing body-swaps to make Lala shorter (never to make Bunny talker LOL)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
davidd - thank you!!!

Lejays - thank you for encouragement! Don't worry, I have no intention of dropping out now, when only 3 months are left. I'm just tired a bit...

Day 273

This thread is lacking in the epic department, luckilly, I have just the doll to fix it!

[Image: c95504dcdaa65a1134820c9f291461a2.jpg]
Whoa! Oh My Gold! Everywhere the glint of gold!
You totally upped the Epic Quotient with this shot! Of course, how could the Queen of the Nile be anything less than utterly epic?
Whoa, I thought the first Cleo was gorgeous, but the this one has got her beat by a mile!
davidd - yay thank you very much!

Cornflower Blue - thanks! This Cleo is from Origins 2pack, which was supposed to be an SDCC exclusive, but then Mattel decided not to show any MH stuff, so it became a 'mere' Mattel Shop exclusive.

Day 274

[Image: af097ce246b7e7d47e3dc9bc7e8129dc.jpg]

I've tried a little different lighting.
Looks like the opening shot for... I don't know, a music video or a movie or something, like she will look up and step forward. Cue dramatic music...
Is Cleo's hair all tiny braids, or just crimped?
I like how the two EAH girls are interacting too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Dramatic silhouette! Nice way to change things up!
Alliecat - thanks! Cleo's hair is actually loose and straight, but it has somewhat rough crimped tinsel in it.

davidd - thank you!

Day 275

I'm struck down with migraine again. I couldn't figure out what photo to take today, and thinking about it was painful, so I went with the first stupid thing that came to my mind. Here is the debonair and mysterious Mr. Morgenstern, hugging his favorite plushie...

[Image: ca5295b0207794b8110c1f75797af57d.jpg]