Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
I laughed when I saw the "twins" of Monster High & Pullip. Two very different versions of the "same" doll style,

And the collection of Dark Queens is fantastic - except I don't think that Raven really belongs with the rest of them (she's really trying to get away from her Destiny smile )
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
davidd - thank you so much!

Lejays - they're a bit like MH and Pullip crossoverLOL Re: Raven - see, that's what I mean by fantasy race rather than actual royal title - as I see it, Raven indeed doesn't want to become Evil Queen, but if you look at it from the dark queen biology perspective, she definitely is one - pale, dark-haired, looks absolutely fabulous in gothy clothes, and has innate strong magic power. In her story, !!!HERE BE SPOILERS!!! she doesn't get rid of her dark-queeniness (please pardon my English LOL) - at first, she denies it and nothing works as she wants, but once she accepts her powers in Way Too Wonderland, she gains control over them and uses them in her own way. [/SPOILERS] So, she's definitely unique and nonconformist, but that in itself is kinda fitting for a dark queen. So that's why I think she's wonderful specimen of one of my favorite fantasy genera! Otherwise you could scratch pretty much everyone except for Mira from that list - Elissabat, while actual queen of all vampires, is very kind, Lunatic Queen is more crazy than evil, and Draculaura's personality couldn't get less dark...

Day 285

I didn't know what to do for today's photo, and wasn't in the mood to think about it too much, as I had to take kitty to the vet (she's OK now, she has UTC, but she got antibiotics and meds to suppress symptoms, so she's not in pain). So I did the 'first stupid idea' thing again. I decided to take a group shot of my dolls with twintails. ...I didn't quite realize I had so many... They didn't fit in one shot, so I changed it to characters that have twintails as signature style. Then I narrowed it to loose twintails, no buns or braids (Her Insane Majesty was very upset, because this was her chance to get featured two days in a row; I had to promise her extra photo to make up for this one). Now they fit!

[Image: 737b22de84242e03227770367a88e98a.jpg]

I have no idea what they're talking about...

Edit: aaand I realized I could just use the instagram photo I posted today, don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier...

[Image: ff164a1dac3f084398e58317127676f4.jpg]
(10-11-2018, 04:16 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: you definitely should have more dolls with blue hair! It's a scientific fact that they have extremely positive effect on one's well-being
LOL
Your dark queens look suitably regal... the group looks like they're still trying to figure out who should be in the photo... and, the last portrait is very nice. The blue-hair 'twins' are fun too. The MH girl makes me think she looks like someone I know, but I can't figure out who it would be :loL:
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
It's always fun to see a Novi Stars appearance! Yay for Mae Tallic! (As far as I know, she is the only Novi with an actual wig rather than rooted hair; but I'm not familiar with all of the later releases.)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Ahh, I see what you mean now about the Dark Queen stuff - not necessarily evil as such, more the look of them. And of course Draculaura is about as far from an evil-dark-queen as you could possibly get.

Cute idea about the twin-tales. I bet they're swapping tips on how to get the perfect style of tails.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I like this theme! They're all radiating some attitude fit for queens.
Alliecat - thank you!!!

davidd - Stellar Skinz line of Novis also has wigs instead of rooted hair. Not sure about other lines.

Lejays - that must be it - twintails 101 yay

Cornflower Blue - thank you!

Day 286

Her Insane Majesty was offended that twin buns were omitted from yesterday's photo, so I had to promise her a photo to make it up to her. Here it is!

[Image: 35f4775115bdc1e14ce576c909327444.jpg]

Today without her birdcage-prison-bigtop-crinoline (that piece of her stock still amazes me).
She radiates confidence and poise. A suitably regal photo portrait for Her Insane Majesty.
davidd - thank you!

Day 287

[Image: 9ec77e64e35b1d32988425df4e57d9cd.jpg]
She is always so gorgeous smile
Both are beautiful portraits. Her Insane Majesty looks duffeeent without the crinoline cage under her dress
Another stunning portrait of your steampunk beauty! She's truly lovely, particularly in the way that you portray her.
Both very pretty. Her Majesty doesn't look insane at all. Agree she looks confident and poised, and ready for some sort of interesting discussion smile Aurora looks rather dreamy and thoughtful.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Many thanks, everyone!!!

Day 288
[Image: dc31192601aba6374d8fd9eef6b31dbf.jpg]

Smearing filters on photos is so much fun! Here's the original pic (which I prefer, despite having fun with the previous one):

[Image: 43e099f013dfe497b6b1a305c5219d3f.jpg]
She's gorgeously ghostly in either version!