Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Anne Arctic looks very nice in this "full color" photo against the dark background. Her furry jacket is an interesting design and nicely detailed.

I wonder if Anne Arctic was released in response to Monster High Abby Bominable? Novi Stars always seemed like they were trying to cash in on the popularity of Monster High, but were always playing "catch-up." It also seemed like MGA was unwisely dividing their creative energy between Bratzillaz and Novi Stars in their effort to profit from the "monster fad."
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
If I had seen Anne Arctic in the store I definitely would have had to have her. She's so pretty and unique!
I like the 4 dolls you picked for World Doll Day, all similar but different and all so pretty!!

I never realised there was such a variety of the Novi dolls, this is a very pretty one
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
davidd - thank you! I don't know if they made Anne as their 'version' of Abbey. I'm sure Novis were one of those many lines that tried to piggyback on MH (like Mystixx and Zombie Girls, and, of course, Bratzillaz), but I think that winter is very attractive theme and they would have come up with it, Abbey or not. Making winter-themed doll blue and white is also an obvious option (I have to admit, I love that color scheme). Anne and Ari were my first Novis!

Cornflower Blue - Anne is super pretty, but she is a snowglobe effect doll, her torso and legs are one hollow piece filled with liquid ang glitter, she only has shoulders and neck joints, so her poseability is poor. But I still love her so much, she's super cute with her bear ears and troll hair!

Lejays - thank you! I wanted to make a pic with dolls from different lines, but I also wanted them to have something in common, so I took Florianne as base for the photo and went with turquoise and pink for main colors, stripes and flowers for main patterns, and bows. Rochelle has pink and stripes (and bows on her shoes that don't really show on the photo), Ash has both turquoise and pink and the flower pattern, and Mae has both of the colors and a bow.

Day 163

[Image: 004310f1d66ecf0abd41df8fa7490c5b.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 6
Happy Belated World Doll Day smile (Every day should be doll day, shouldn't it...? LOL )
I think Anne Arctic is my favourite of the ones you've shown; she's really cute.
(06-13-2018, 03:19 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: she is a snowglobe effect doll, her torso and legs are one hollow piece filled with liquid ang glitter,...
Makes you wonder how many got broken by rough little hands and ended up splashing all over... slash She looks especially neat with your black background, which really shows off her colours.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I did not know this one at all. My initial thought was Alie Lectric, because she is transparent, but she appears to be more transparent than Alie, and her hair is different.

Even after looking at a list of the characters, it took me a while to identify her. I have never heard of or seen this Novi... or these Novis, as apparently she is one of a pair of sisters!

Cool photo with the green backlight. I used to have a green laser pointer I used for special effects lighting, but it stopped working.
Alliecat - yes, every day should be the doll day (and for me, it pretty much is, because all my dolls are displayed in my bed-living room, plus, ADAD sure does make your days about dolls), but I also love having a Doll Day, because it makes great excuse for getting a new doll, and as much as I'd love to be able to get a new doll whenever I please, I'm not that rich (yet! haha)...

davidd - my green and blue light is LED light I use as navigation aid to bathroom at night LOL (I don't go completely blind in the dark like some people do, but I do have problems). Funny fact - this light has sensor and it turns on when the room gets dark, so using it for taking photos was rather challenging - I have to wrap the base with sensor with black cloth to make it think it's time to light up...

Day 164

[Image: a4ba2708b466202cdeaaa2832f08b59f.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 6 - The Revelation: Gail Lexi - Stellar Skinz.
Gail Lexi looks like a seriously cool Novi Stars figure! As I mentioned, I was not previously familiar with this release.

Nice photo. She looks like she would be challenging to photograph. Your doll portraits are beginning to make me think I need a light tent!
davidd - Gail should have been available in US, I know some people there have her, but I'm not sure how they got her. Distribution schemes can be weird. The only Europe-only releases are (officially) second waves of Super Novas and Invasion. And yes, you do need a photo-tent! It does all the magic! I have little to no skills, it's my equipment that saves the day. Although I do dare to say I've gotten a little bit better since the beginning of the challenge Happy

Day 165

[Image: 5fe9743acc3d58e4007e4888c34ee5ca.jpg]

Put on your top hats and goggles, because it's International Steampunk Day!

ETA: Would you believe that there are only 5 steampunk-themed dolls in my collection? How did it even happen?! I need to fix this STAT!!!
Beautiful girls - all different variations on the Steampunk theme, even the 2 Robeccas look quite different to each other.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a light tent too after seeing what you've been doing with your photos this year. My issue is how much room does it take up as I'd like to have it semi-permanent set up, and I'm not sure if we have the room
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Kinda fun how at a glance the reflection makes Eos look like she has a giant eyeball LOL
(there, now you can't un-see it)
I rather like the transparent Novi's too.
I'm sure there are instructions online for building your own light tent, if someone wanted to take the time. It certainly does make for great "merch" photos that I could imagine the companies liking -- showing off the doll without distracting background.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I did not know that today was International Steampunk Day. In the US, the 14th of June is Flag Day, which, anymore, possibly even fewer people know about than Steampunk Day.

Your steampunk crew are magnificent.
Lejays - thank you! Photo-tents are made in several sizes, so you can find one that you can fit somewhere. Mine is 80cm, but there are also 50cm and 30cm ones. Or you can build your own, as Alliecat mentioned.

Alliecat - haha, I know, right? I imagine it so be something like when characters in cartoons use magnifying glass or telescope, and the lens shows their giant eye LOL

davidd - there are so many of these 'special' days, there are usually 3-5 crammed into one day. There are hardly any regular days left LOL

Day 166

[Image: 6fe4756245c92544a8fca4d0e864870b.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 7 (it's blurry again, but she's still visible)
I know this one, even though I never saw her in person! Mimi Merize! She's pretty cool with her hypnotic design!

Interesting use of a colored back light once again!
Yeah, cool lighting. It must be fun setting these up and seeing how the light turns out.