Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
An aspect I particularly liked with the original Monster High figures, and which is done even better with the EAH figures, is the fit and finish of the joints at the knees and elbows. The wrists are done fairly well in the early releases, too. The joints are snug and "disguised" as much as possible – far better, in fact, than in most higher-end and collector-grade figures. It's quite easy to touch up the lines at the joints using basic photo-editing tools, when one is so inclined. Even without touch-ups, the joints are not distracting like in most other dolls.

Doll joints kind of bug me... a lot. I probably would not have become a "doll collector" to any great extent (Pinky Street are "action figures," not dolls) if it had not been for the excellent knees and elbows of MH and EAH. Weird, I know, but yeah, Mattel finally found the right balance between aesthetics and posing potential with MH and EAH.

Of course, then they started cutting corners and the later figures, and particularly the reboot lines, lack the same attention to aesthetic detail.

This is a great photo to showcase the attractively sculpted articulation of EAH knees and elbows.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 05-10-2018, 05:59 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by davidd - 07-22-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 12-29-2018, 04:53 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-30-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-31-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 01-01-2019, 10:07 AM