Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
davidd - thank you very much! As for edginess, EAH is definitely not edgy (although, Raven kinda is), the line catered to different audience (at least at the beginning) and as Lejays said, the line had its own thing going on. But you had to follow books and webisodes, otherwise you didn't have many chances to find out, it wasn't as obvious as with MHs.

Lejays - I hear you on neglecting some dolls, ever since I've started collecting Pullips, my older dolls aren't as exciting to take pics of and such. I still love them dearly, but I'm definitely shifting towards collector dolls now. To me, the least appealing EAH dolls are the reboot ones with smaller heads, but Apple is probably my least favorite character.

Day 234

[Image: 912f2816ad7a26c6bf8a784a5ab85f58.jpg]

Meeshell Mermaid (Core Royals & Rebels - Wave 7). She doesn't have much of a backstory, she's one of the last characters and she was added right before webisodes stopped. She's a great singer and she's shy about it. I want to like this doll, but I can't seem to get over the new smaller heads. I'm seriously considering selling this one and my spare reboot Melody.

And those are all my EAH dolls (save for that reboot Melody). I've found them a little more limited in posing ability compared to MH - their joints are fine, but their heads don't work from as many angles as MH ones, also MH's curved backs make for more dynamic poses.

As I've said, taking portraits has become a little boring, so I'd like to take a break, but it depends on the weather. Some weather forecasts say we'll continue to have heat waves, the rest predict heavy rains and drop in temperatures. As our weather forecasts are usually wrong, I'm expecting a little less heat with a little more rain, we'll see. It's quite possible that I'll start another portrait series while I'm waiting for better weather.
My upcoming project mostly involves outside Pullip photos and a little self-doxxing yay

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 05-10-2018, 05:59 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by neon_jellyfish - 08-23-2018, 04:06 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 12-29-2018, 04:53 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-30-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-31-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 01-01-2019, 10:07 AM