Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Alliecat - yup, Czech stories are a mix of various other stories. Since prehistory, a lot of various European tribes traveled through Europe trying to find better home, and the land Czechia now sits on was one of few that were quite easy to travel through - our mountains are relatively low, there used to be dense forests, but there were paths and the weather was mild, there are a lot of rivers that serve as source of water but aren't difficult to cross, etc etc. So a lot of those migrating tribes passed through this land, and those who were tired settled here, then another tribe came, and left some people behind... Two important trade routes ran through here, the Salt Road and the Amber Road, and those, too, added to the mix we are now. And as various tribes blended, so did their stories. The earliest tribes to settle here were Celtic, then some Germanic tribes, Slavs came last, so our fairy tales have a bit of each of those cultures.
Ugh, sorry, that's a huge rant...

davidd - I don't think Meeshell would ever do such a thing, but I agree, her singing talent must be coming from her siren origin.

Cornflower Blue - she seems off to me, too. I love everything mermaid related so I want to like her, but she doesn't really click with me...

Day 235

Today's weather is... passable, I guess, so I went ahead and started the 'Neon's self-doxxing project'. I love the place I live in, and I want to share it with you guys, so I want to do a little series of photos in which my dolls show you some of my favorite spots. Hence the 'self-doxxing' - a little joke about sharing where exactly I live.

Right across the street on which I live, there is entrance to Prague's oldest protected nature reserve, Šárka. It's a beautiful place with a little bit of history, but we'll get to that later. I'll start with the youngest part - water reservoir called Džbán (=jug, pitcher). It was built in late 60's / early 70's, mostly for recreational purposes. It covers area of 18 hectares, and when I was little, it was The Ocean for me.

[Image: 67731b79b77717d07971dad03594bc5a.jpg]

The lighting was crazy this mornings, clouds were moving rather quickly, so it was a bit of a disco, which produced this dark, moody photo, which doesn't really show the reservoir at all. Or the doll, for that matter. Eteri is on the left side, sitting on the railing of the dam. Tomorrow, I'll move to another spot that shows the whole 'lake' beautifully. Big pic, but Eteri is blurred - my phone has an annoying habit of deciding that I actually didn't want it to focus where I told it to exactly when I tap the damn button (can you even call it shutter release on cellphone?).

[Image: ecd4f4ebf60e1310def8b1813f5d5da2.jpg]
Yay, there's a doll on this one!

[Image: b1688ffbd9ce1b098676c550596e06ea.jpg]
Moody one without the doll. Bigger pic here.

I don't know if I want to do the whole series with Eteri or if I should alter between dolls, what do you guys think?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 05-10-2018, 05:59 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by neon_jellyfish - 08-24-2018, 01:25 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 12-29-2018, 04:53 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-30-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-31-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 01-01-2019, 10:07 AM