Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Day 255

Finally managed to get out and take some photos, so here's another part of Šárka series.

[Image: ba89d54cf11cb9e2cffedb60890eef50.jpg]

I'm not very pleased with these photos, so maybe I'll take some more. I need morning light, but last few days I've been struggling with insomnia (it usually comes together with migraine) and just wasn't able to get out early enough.

Anyways, Rosamunda Wilhelmina von Lebkuchenburg is resting on the foot of Kozákova skála (=Kozák's cliff/rock), the place all my 'beautiful view' pics are taken from (e.g. Day 241). Taking dolly photo featuring the cliff has proven difficult. I wanted a photo where you can see the doll and the cliff from afar, but I haven't found a good place for posing the doll while keeping the view, so here's a separate photo:

[Image: 5b4a471d80eb507eb32f1a1685a226d9.jpg]

Kozákova skála is probably named after old family of landowners that used to own quite a lot of land around here, however, they died out in early 20th century and their homestead was demolished to make place for new, very ugly buildings.

The top of the cliff was populated by random groups of hunters since paleolithic, in neolithic there was permanent settlement with farms and pasturages. In bronze age, the settlement turned into hillfort belonging to Knovíz culture, local part of Urnfield cutlture, most likely of Celtic origin. Knovíz culture people may or may not have been cannibals! After they left/died out/blasted off to the outer space/whatever they did, nothing happened for almost 1500 (?nobody knows for sure) years, until Slavs came in 6th century and built their hillfort on top of the old one.
Slavic settlement lasted for more than 200 years, but unfortunately, enthusiastic but completely dilettantish archaeological 'research' led by amateurs in 19th century destroyed practically all the evidence, so we know this place has its piece of history, but we don't know any details.

I'm kinda sad that history of place where I was born and live was lost, but on the other hand, it is somewhat romantic. We know things happened here, but we don't know what things, so we can let imagination run wild wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 05-10-2018, 05:59 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by neon_jellyfish - 09-13-2018, 03:59 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 12-29-2018, 04:53 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-30-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-31-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 01-01-2019, 10:07 AM