Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
dargosmydaddy - thanks!

Alliecat - thank you! It would be hard to take a pic without any people in it, since cemeteries are packed full on this day, plus there's the new EU law about personal data and privacy and whatnot that made it basically illegal to take photos of other people (eventhough you didn't even want to and they got in your shot), but, and this might sound weird, I felt like taking photos on graveyard would be more disrespectful to the dead than to the living, especially if it was a doll photo. But I do admit that taking some graveyard photos is tempting... Maybe I'll try it next year.

davidd - All Souls' Day really isn't all that religious here (we're one of the most atheist nations in the world) - people just go visit and decorate graves of their relatives, but it still has this beautiful, quiet and peaceful atmosphere - at least on cemeteries. Not so much on the roads, this holiday really increases traffic. I guess that while we're not religious, we still need something spiritual... There isn't anything similar to "in my neck of the woods" in Czech, and I have no idea how did I learn that one. These things tend to just randomly stick to me... And thank you!

One more note on All Souls' Day - you always see some people cleaning up the surroundings of gravestones, placing candles and flowers, a few people are crying, some simply sit/stand there quietly, some came just to enjoy the atmosphere (that would be me), and there always, ALWAYS seems to be a group of very elegant old ladies clad in black, talking lively about various topics, and they somehow seem to both fit right in and be a bit out of place at the same time, and I always wonder from which side are they actually visiting...

Day 307

Tired snap of my 'artificial lifeforms' dolls. I didn't know whether to include Rochelle (she is made of granite, but who knows how gargoyls reproduce...) and Mae (she's a robot, but they seem to be an alien race), but in the end I did. So here are characters from my collection that have been made rather than born:

[Image: 77194bc4541e0dbce94bdaed1dbcfcce.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 05-10-2018, 05:59 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by neon_jellyfish - 11-04-2018, 07:27 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 12-29-2018, 04:53 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-30-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-31-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 01-01-2019, 10:07 AM