Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
"Made rather than born." What a clever theme for a group shot!

The EU laws now prohibit photos with people in them without their permission? So... if you go to Disney Paris, basically you can't take pictures? Or if you go to the beach? Or if you go... anywhere? I thought it was absurd when I learned that taking pictures of the Atomium building in Belgium is considered a copyright violation... because it's a building for crying out loud! But now you can't take pictures with people in them?

And people here in the US complain and moan about our "repressive government" and say they want it to be more like Europe. Apparently they have no idea what "oppressive government" really means. No more cellphone selfies at popular tourist destinations if there are people in the background; or, in other words, good-bye to 90% of selfies!

So, how does that work, exactly? If the police see you with a camera, do they ask to scroll through your photos and make you delete any that have people in the background?

Okay, sorry, I know this is not meant to be a "political space." But... wow! Basically, that means that outdoor photography, unless you're alone in the woods somewhere, has been banned in Europe.

{EDIT to update} - Okay, after reading a dozen articles on the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)... well, it sounds like yeah, photography containing people is pretty much banned in the EU now. Whacked

Oh well... maybe this will lead to a resurgence in Traveling Doll photography! LOL
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 05-10-2018, 05:59 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by davidd - 11-04-2018, 08:30 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by fishy - 12-29-2018, 04:53 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-30-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 12-31-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - by Elfy - 01-01-2019, 10:07 AM