Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
(01-02-2019, 08:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: That is an absolutely gorgeous Frankie. What line is she from? We never got that one down here, I’m sure.

This one is from Ghouls Rule line from 2012. There was Also Draculaura, Clawdeen, Cleo and Abbey.
DeadlyNova - thank you! I hope this year's ADAD goes well for you, too!

Lejays17 - thank you very much!

GreysPrincess - thank you! And congrats on light tent! I'm sure you'll like it!

Cornflower Blue - thanks! To be honest, it was a bit of a battle to get her hair to cooperate...

Day 2

Today is Motivation and Inspiration Day. Quite appropriate for the beginning of year! So I hope 2019 will bring you all lots of inspiration and all the necessary motivation, not only for dolly photos, but for everything else, too!

[Image: 7143180f868535fd3f04b5f76e48194a.jpg]

My super-inspirational extended MH main crew [Image: s0317.gif]

ETA: Eleven dolls in the tent again! Technically, the "most dolls in one photo" shot was my Pullip collection one with 15 of them, but they didn't fit into tent and that photo didn't work without heavy filterapalooza, so it kinda doesn't count...
Eleven "First Wave" figs, including the original core ghouls... with their hair all neatly combed and brushed, even!

I don't think any of my MH figures have had their hair brushed since they emerged from their original packaging.

I love the composition here. Cleo can legitimately feel like she is the queen, being positioned at top center, but we see original main character Frankie and the two strongest supporting characters, Clawdeen and Ulla D, appropriately positioned in the actual center of the image. I like that you have put so much thought into the composition, and that you ex-press you knowledge of the original MH hierarchy through the arrangement of the characters.

Do you set up boxes or something as risers underneath the black background fabric to create the tiers of figures in these multi-figure set-ups?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(01-03-2019, 02:47 AM)davidd Wrote: Eleven "First Wave" figs, including the original core ghouls... with their hair all neatly combed and brushed, even!

I don't think any of my MH figures have had their hair brushed since they emerged from their original packaging.

I love the composition here. Cleo can legitimately feel like she is the queen, being positioned at top center, but we see original main character Frankie and the two strongest supporting characters, Clawdeen and Ulla D, appropriately positioned in the actual center of the image. I like that you have put so much thought into the composition, and that you express you knowledge of the original MH hierarchy through the arrangement of the characters.

Do you set up boxes or something as risers underneath the black background fabric to create the tiers of figures in these multi-figure set-ups?

Brushing dolls' hair is fun!

Thank you! I'm really glad somebody noticed!

Yup, ton of various boxes 'down under', sometimes on top of the background, too (I have a few black ones).
I love this! I always love seeing people set up group photos and still making them look nice, it's always a challenge!
Frankie looks very elegant. The group shot is fun with great colours! And everyone's looking at the camera. Nice smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thank you both!
Love the poses, neon. That’s a group that could inspire anyone.
(01-03-2019, 03:13 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Brushing dolls' hair is fun!

Oh. So maybe I should try it some time, huh?
Beautiful collection set out wonderfully.

Very inspiring, I am certainly feeling inspired by it
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Lejays and Elfy - thank you!!!

davidd - yes, you should!

Day 3

Chilled to the bone...

[Image: 8da11445490720ec90fdd2a3e0295b88.jpg]
You're making the most of the snow and cold with a lovely portrait of Skelita!

Skelita must be among the bravest of your dolly fam. She dared to venture outside of the light tent! LOL

(I'll bet she rushed back inside as soon as she could!)
That is an awful pun :smile:

Looking at this makes me contrast to the weather here today, which is supposed to be getting to about 40 (over 100 F ).
We are planning on movies & swimming to cope
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Oh, you can really feel the cold in that picture, and Skelita seems... oddly blissful about it. Plus she adds a nice pop of colour to the otherwise white of the background. It's lovely!
Ha! Good joke!

She looks lovely!!