Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
Such a lovely photo - there's such a sense of calm from it.
Lovely Victorian-esque portrait! Heart 2
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
What a beautiful photo! I'm getting Victorian vibes from it
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
Ooh, that's so pretty. It looks really vintage, like one of those pretty antique postcards or something.
She looks lovely with those flowers.
That’s very pretty, she looks great with all the flowers.
Thank you, guys!

Day 68

Today is Barbie Day, and the iconic bombshell celebrates her 60th birthday, and I wanted o do something little more spectacular, but I seem to have been bitten by a zombie and I'm exhausted from fighting the infection and trying to stay human, so just a very basic picture today.

[Image: 5ddc1a46076b1e987ca129ee5a20e79a.jpg]

She's Barbie Fashionistas 54 Tutu Cool from 2017.
(03-10-2019, 02:47 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Today is Barbie Day, and the iconic bombshell celebrates her 60th birthday, and I wanted o do something little more spectacular....

Happy Birthday, Barbie!

Yes, I agree, Barbie deserves something "spectacular" on this milestone birthday; my understanding is that the Empire State Building in New York City will be illuminated in pink tonight to celebrate. It would be difficult for any of us to achieve anything more spectacular than that!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Happy Birthday, Barbie!

Also: for a simple picture, it really shows off the doll well. I love the purple-grey of her hair, it's very soft
Frankie looks glorious in that dress, so chic.

A beautiful Victorian portrait of Iselle - antique postcard-worthy.

Sometimes a plain and simple photo celebrates the doll more than a spectacular one with lots of props and stuff.
Barbie looks lovely, the grey/purple of her hair looks so pretty (a lady I work with has similar coloured hair, and it looks great on her too)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Aside from the hair being purple/silver rather than the original blonde that’s pretty much the iconic Barbie and I think that’s an entirely appropriate way to celebrate her longevity.
Iselle is lovely! I think I said that last time you posted her.
I like Barbie's hair too.

(03-10-2019, 03:02 AM)davidd Wrote: ; my understanding is that the Empire State Building in New York City will be illuminated in pink tonight to celebrate.
Really? >goes away to google< Haha, that's great!
I wonder if Pullips will still be around for a 60th anniversary... slash
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Happy birthday Barbie! To another 60 years!
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
(03-10-2019, 11:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I wonder if Pullips will still be around for a 60th anniversary...  slash

If they ever go out of business, I'm gonna be eighty years old and running a recast(not for sale, just for me) lab out of my kitchen. ("Why is Grandma so weird? Why does she bake dolls instead of cookies?")

Hopefully they'll be as long-living as Blythe.
(03-10-2019, 02:31 PM)fishy Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 11:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I wonder if Pullips will still be around for a 60th anniversary...  slash

If they ever go out of business, I'm gonna be eighty years old and running a recast(not for sale, just for me) lab out of my kitchen.  ("Why is Grandma so weird?  Why does she bake dolls instead of cookies?")

Hopefully they'll be as long-living as Blythe.

I can see Pullips coming back as a cult hit after being out of business for awhile like with Blythe. Of course, it'd be great if they make it to that time length, but few toys do.
---

---