Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
Quote:Remay (like the month). And the e in 'Re' is like red (and not like, say, replay). Ugh, sorry, English pronunciation is kind of a puzzle to me, so I'm not sure I'm ex-pressing myself very well...

Nope, that makes perfect sense, and was kind of what I figured smile
Your "migraine shot" is haunting and otherworldly.

Your Remei is absolutely luminous in her beauty.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Such gorgeous ladies!
Many thanks, everybody!

So I had something different in mind, well, same idea, but better execution, but between the fatigue and migraines, this is the best I was able to knock together... And I still have migraine, so everything is out of focus...

Day onedamnhundred!

[Image: c25781e8000bde01c3d0f3e5013c62bb.jpg]
"I'm finally done..."

[Image: f692aba8bc7d165f0827450f155d8c2a.jpg]
"Burying all one hundred of them was exhausting!"
"...I'm afraid I have some somber news for you..."

[Image: 25b8f4ca96ef69dee5d5a8a1c23d7683.jpg]
Woo, well done you!
Ooh another fun story series like tge circus ones from last year?

And using 2 rarely seen models too
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Wow, the grim reaper girl is really striking looking!
Haha, happy 100 days! That was a fun way to commemorate it.
And I agree your 'shelfie' shot was quite spooky. Looks like they're lined up to head out on a mission to haunt someone.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
What a wonderfully mysterious cemetery setting! I love it! That swirly tree is too cool!

Did you make the gravestone in the last pic? If so... TUTORIAL, pleeeeeze!

(Now that I look more closely: you made everything, didn't you? The background gravestones, and even the spooky tree!)

((Did you make the shovel and scythe, too?))
(04-11-2019, 05:07 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Woo, well done you!

Thank you!!!

(04-11-2019, 07:28 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Ooh another fun story series like tge circus ones from last year?

And using 2 rarely seen models too

Yep, it's going to be an almost-story, but not as, er, action-packed like the last one, just a little 'chilling out at a spooky cemetery' thing.

(04-11-2019, 08:34 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Wow, the grim reaper girl is really striking looking!

She's Art Class Skelita Calaveras.

(04-11-2019, 11:12 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Haha, happy 100 days!  That was a fun way to commemorate it.
And I agree your 'shelfie' shot was quite spooky.  Looks like they're lined up to head out on a mission to haunt someone.

Thanks!!!

(04-11-2019, 02:56 PM)davidd Wrote: What a wonderfully mysterious cemetery setting! I love it! That swirly tree is too cool!

Did you make the gravestone in the last pic? If so... TUTORIAL, pleeeeeze!

(Now that I look more closely: you made everything, didn't you? The background gravestones, and even the spooky tree!)

((Did you make the shovel and scythe, too?))

Thank you very much! The scythe and shovel were made by my father. When I told him I'm going to make some cemetery 'stage props' for my dolls, he loved that idea and offered his help. He's really good at stuff like this. The rest was made by me, and as for tutorial, well, I just cut the shapes out of cardboard and painted them with acrylics (and I used fine liners for the text and the skull)... The main grave has a small base, but while it was OK on the table, it didn't really work on the black background (too soft), so I didn't bother with making bases for the other stuff, all of it is leaning on my trusty old black paper boxes...

Day 101

I wanted to take a 'we made it this far, yay us' photo or a pic celebrating the first photo of a black hole ever, but I'm still so tired, I couldn't put together any props. For the past two weeks, I actually wanted to drop out every single day, and I still do, because the fatigue is almost unbearable, but I always managed to take at least some pic somehow. Right now, all this hassle doesn't seem to be worth it, but I know I'll be really happy if I manage to complete two ADAD challenges in a row, so I'm not giving up. Also, my fatigue and migraines can go... fluff... themselves (or each other), I'm not letting them take over my life. So yeah, here's another utterly uninspired photo...

[Image: cc3cdb41dd4f521ba705a5b7e1615fd5.jpg]

Picture Day Cleo and my current reading. They don't have anything in common, story-wise, but their colors match...
The black hole photo thing is pretty cool! Google even featured it as their Google doodle!

Yeah, I've been seriously considering dropping out (like, right now, because I haven't taken a photo yet today), but since you guys keep going, I'll keep going. But "doesn't seem to be worth it?" What, all the effusive praise, not to mention jokes and nonsense, from... well, from a bunch of anonymous Internet people you'll probably never meet in person isn't enough motivation to keep you... motivated?
Tongue

Lots of your trademark rich velvety black in this photo, so that's kind of black hole-ish.

Your dad made the shovels? Cool! Does he have a metal-working shop? Or did he just use tin snips and pliers? And maybe some solder? They look really cool! It appears that the top end of the handle is even shaped and sanded!
I think we all feel like dropping out at some point, but I personally find myself spurred on by the awesome pictures you all post. Plus the excellent conversations we all end up having. It's the little things that can bring a smile to the face, and these things certainly do that.

I really like how it seems both Cleo and the book are dissolving into the darkness there. Like davidd said, it's got that feel of a black hole. And, as we know, a library or book shop is just a genteel black hole that knows how to read...
(04-12-2019, 08:15 AM)davidd Wrote: The black hole photo thing is pretty cool! Google even featured it as their Google doodle!

Yeah, I've been seriously considering dropping out (like, right now, because I haven't taken a photo yet today), but since you guys keep going, I'll keep going. But "doesn't seem to be worth it?" What, all the effusive praise, not to mention jokes and nonsense, from... well, from a bunch of anonymous Internet people you'll probably never meet in person isn't enough motivation to keep you... motivated?
Tongue

Lots of your trademark rich velvety black in this photo, so that's kind of black hole-ish.

Your dad made the shovels? Cool! Does he have a metal-working shop? Or did he just use tin snips and pliers? And maybe some solder? They look really cool! It appears that the top end of the handle is even shaped and sanded!

Haha, sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings! xp LOL
The effusive praise and jokes and nonsese are definitely much appreciated, but I always had troubles doing stuff that was either boring or didn't make any sense just for the sake of getting praise, let alone stuff that just plain hurts (I mean physically). Plus, you guys produce plenty of humor and delightful nonsense without me, so I could still have that even if I dropped this thing. I mean I do have heaps of fun with it when I'm OK, but right now, I'm incredibly weak and tired and my head is trying to split in two 24/7 and I can't even see what I'm doing half of the time, because migraine affects my sight...

Dad has a lot of various equipment, but he only used tin snips and pliers on these. And the handles are sanded and, uh, stained? Like a polish, but it's semi-transparent and it soaks to the wood more?
Another gorgeous photo! (And I adore Leigh Bardugo.)
How absolutely lovely that your dad supports your hobby by making little props for you! You can tell him everybody liked them. smile
Sorry you feel so crappy. Random snapshots do count... although it looks like you still put effort into setting something up with the lighting & all. It's more fun when more people are doing it, so, I hope you do feel like continuing, & will have some better days soon.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]