Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
Day 297

This year's last rose.

[Image: 3bad38ee3c8440cc66ac0f63ba59f8a8.jpg]

And the usual filter madness.

[Image: 334f928e0b62c61aab91d05c0220abd5.jpg]

[Image: 7d704f85734a1cc3f85663d7258021f9.jpg]
Oh, there's a slight sadness to this - maybe because it's the last rose of the year? Ravi looks darling posed with it.
Through this beautiful photo, the last rose of summer will last forever.

(In the final photo, it looks like it has been around for at least a century and a half!)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Oh, pretty. She does look sad that it's the last one. I hate to see all the leaves falling and everything turning brown Cry
Yesterday's photo captured your mood perfectly, I guess. They all look rather tired and forlorn. I hope you get a break from the migraines.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Forlorn is a good word, they are looking sad that the seasons are turning. Ravi looks that she would be very comforting in this time.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thanks everyone! The pile of dolls in the photo before the last one was meant to visually ex²press my migraine, we're definitely not sad about turning seasons, quite the opposite! We absolutely adore autumn and winter! For us, summer is the worst, because we can't deal with the heat (this is a rather old building, no AC and it gets so hot, we could live in an oven and there'd be no difference) and the one responsible for photos gets downright sick when ex²posed to sunlight for longer than 10 minutes. It's the vampire thing.

Things like last flower, first flower, first/last flock of birds to leave/return, first snowflake, first butterfly, etc., are a reason for celebration. We like celebrating every little silly thing.  yay

Day 298

I had no idea whatsoever for today's photo, so I took a crappy pic of pretty Frankie and smeared an inch-thick layer of filters on it.

[Image: f59cb05ff2f143b1de4f4188ae2d3b07.jpg]

Here's the boring original.

[Image: b5237da59f704b9bf763d944c5c3121f.jpg]
Filtered version looks almost like it's from a black and white film, and the quality of the film has degraded a bit over the years. So you get weathering in the image, but the image is still there. Works great for horror.
The "inch thick layer of filters" did the trick, turning an already elegant quick snapshot in to a marvelously moody "antique" image! Excellent work!
Thank you both!

Day 299

Happy Howl At The Moon Day, everyone. Aroooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
(I don't get why it's set on October 26, it should be the October full moon)

[Image: 5c788a3dd800e8402b6141b23006a19f.jpg]

Another still frame from aged horror film.

[Image: ab092a00b02ed9fd36e28436da1129be.jpg]
Okay so I know the eyes in the tree are there in the unflitered shot... but in the filtered one? They stood out so much, like her howling had summonded them....
Marvelously moody movie moment!

You're right about today being Howl at the Moon day being a bit odd, as, in fact, today (or technically, tomorrow, depending on your time zone) is the New Moon, so the moon is more or less invisible!

Apparently, however, Howl at the Moon Day (or Howl at the Moon Night) has been a "thing" since 2007... or 2009... depending on the source. Here's an interview with the person who claims to have come up with the idea:
http://umbrellybooks.com/howl-at-the-moon-day/

Unlike the spontaneous and random creation of Talk Like a Pirate Day, Howl at the Moon Day was initially conceived as part of a marketing campaign.

The idea behind Howl at the Moon Day/Night is that at 9pm (local time wherever you happen to be) on October 26th, everybody should step outside and howl at the moon... apparently whether the moon is actually visible or not (and tonight, that would be "not").

Today's wonderful neon_jellyfish photo certainly conveys the feeling of Howling at the Moon!

I'm happy to learn that the day has evolved from its marketing campaign roots into a growing worldwide cultural (and fun) phenomenon.
Oh, the spotlight on her face makes it look super spooky. And how she’s angled really does look like she howling loudly.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Great lighting in that one! Super effect.
Frankie looks a little sad too... must be the time of year.

(10-27-2019, 03:07 AM)davidd Wrote: The idea behind Howl at the Moon Day/Night is that at 9pm (local time wherever you happen to be) on October 26th, everybody should step outside and howl at the moon... apparently whether the moon is actually visible or not (and tonight, that would be "not").
Oh boy, that's actually kind of tempting. LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
What a perfect model for the occasion.
Many thanks, everyone!

Did you know that wolves actually don't howl at the moon? They howl all the time, to communicate with other wolves, because they don't bother with cellphones. Clever creatures, those wolves. The connection of their howling to full moon was probably caused by people's lack of thinking. People heard howling on the night of the full moon more often simply because they didn't really go outside most of the other nights, because they couldn't see a crap without moonlight. If they did, they'd hear wolves all the time.

I always thought wolves howl to communicate with each other and at the moon. I only recently (like two or three years back) learned that moon has nothing to do with it. Still, I like that idea, and I think that werewolves do howl and transform because of the full moon. I haven't found any scientific facts about that, science, for some reason, seems to think that werewolves don't exist.

Day Oh Darn It's The Day 300 Already!!!

[Image: 2e0834ef20175d94ac778e47a4ea6080.jpg]

"Hello, Gravedigress! What are you doing?"
"Hey there, Ghost of Challenge Days Past, I'm just totally spent after burying another hundred of days."

[Image: 656eef6b7534a83c0d50c354be346ff3.jpg]

"Where's the bony one?"
"She said she still has more days to reap. She went - "

[Image: 01bb0b04d30021ae20f4c8a15d1bf58a.jpg]

"Wait! Who the heck are you?!"

[Image: 9bf5d0863e1b20ecd048fe4f988302d8.jpg]

"Why, I'm Another Ghost of Challenge Days Past, of course. This grave is so well made, it practically sprang me back to life!"
"Sounds like a pretty poor grave to me. I need to dig deeper next time."
"We're ghosts. A few more feet of soil won't be much of an obstacle."
"So, more of you will pop up no matter how deep I dig?"
"Probably yes."

[Image: ba60bcdf960a8ad7d2f2909771379152.jpg]

"Aaahrrrnnnnnggghhhhhhhh..."

[Image: 510c530aec962ad4958d5c7519ecf07b.jpg]

Sorry about the shitty lighting, Spectra's face was getting bleached, and I got so hung up on getting it right, I completely missed that everything else was drowning in shadow.