DeadlyNova's A Doll WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT - 2019 Edition
Thank you guys! <3

@davidd: It was pretty exciting back when I found her! I got the entire set together, which was awesome as most of them are quite rare.

@Lejays: I hope so...

Man, guys, I keep wanting to try to take more creative photos and yet here I am with two shots (because I missed a day AGAIN.....my excuse this time? I had plenty of time....I was literally too busy researching vintage dolls ojaoseijfaoijef) that look almost exactly the same.

BUT, I'm soon going to be quitting my job and working full time as a stay at home (paid) caretaker for my grandfather. I'm already doing most of the stuff I'll be doing then, except I won't have to work full time on top of it. So, since I'll be home around 90% of the time, I'm hopefully going to have time for creative photos again.

I also am going to work on some variety here....I'm going to dig out some baby doll type dolls for the next couple of days, as I haven't really posted many dolls that aren't fashion dolls. ^^ It's just so easy to grab a Barbie off my shelf for a quick photo rather than to dig out a lot of other dolls that I don't have on display directly in front of me.

Well, anyway, here are two Barbie dolls.

I have a reproduction of a vintage doll, and then an actual vintage doll. Both hair themed!

Day 43:
[Image: 40124634193_9808c9e906_z.jpg]ADAD 2019 43/365 by Haley, on Flickr
Here's 50th anniversary Hair Fair Barbie! The original Hair Fair Barbie is very interesting to me....she was just a regular sized Barbie head that came with hair pieces and wigs, and they....expected little girls to decapitate their other Barbies to put her head on them???? Now it's not as weird, since we can easily acquire headless bodies, but I can't imagine only having the option of having to sacrifice one head for another like that. It's wild. For her 50th anniversary they gave her her own body along with a fun mod outfit. I think she's very cute! This face mold is one of my favorites for Barbie, so I've been looking for this doll in particular at Tuesday Morning for a long time, since I found out she was showing up there at least a year ago. She finally showed up for me about a week ago!

Day 44:
[Image: 47037240452_509c5f5338_z.jpg]ADAD 2019 44/365 by Haley, on Flickr
Here is Deluxe Quick Curl Barbie from 1975, wearing "Red, White, and Warm" from 1969. I have her original outfit, but I have redressed her in this outfit because it's really cute and I don't have very many Barbies from this era so I wanted one of them to wear it. Plus, the material her hair is made of makes it look very frizzy and terrible so I want her to wear a hat. LOL. Both this doll and this outfit are pretty difficult to find.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - by DeadlyNova - 02-14-2019, 04:07 PM